Re-ignite your career with Wells Fargo's Glide program
Whether you have been caring for family, starting up a new venture or have taken a break for any reason, if you’ve been out of a corporate environment for 18 months or more, this is for you.
Come join our 16-week paid return-to-work program. It’s designed specifically for individuals who are seeking to restart their careers in a global Investment Bank. With the Glide program, you'll receive the resources and support necessary to accelerate your professional growth.
On the program, you'll spend 80% of your time fully immersed in a specific role aligned with your expertise and aspirations. This hands-on experience will refresh your skills allowing you to hit the ground running and showcase your potential.
The remaining 20% of your time will be dedicated to a cohort curriculum experience led by a program manager. This unique opportunity includes coaching, soft skills workshops, and opportunities to network with senior leaders. You'll be assigned a “Buddy” who will be able to provide invaluable guidance during your time with us to help you excel.
Upon successful completion of the program and having met performance expectations, you'll have the opportunity to transition into a permanent, full-time, benefit-eligible role. This is your chance to shape your future, kickstarting your career with a global bank that is dedicated to your success.
Program Expectations and Areas of Business
Must be able to commit to the full duration of 16-weeks, from 4th March 2024 – 28th June 2024.
Areas of Business
The EMEA Corporate Functions comprises of Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit, and Human Resources among other departments.
About these roles
Within EMEA Corporate Functions there could be opportunities in one of the following businesses:
Risk (Operational risk or Market risk): The Independent Risk management team is Wells Fargo’s second line of defense it consists of:
- Operational risk, which covers jobs responsible for governance, oversight, and credibly challenging operational risk exposures and risk management practices through monitoring, analyzing, and developing standards for remediating risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events.
- Market risk which covers jobs focused on potential loss due to market movements such as changes in interest rates, equity prices, credit spreads, and foreign exchange rates. Responsible for measuring and analyzing the organization's risk exposure (e.g., value at risk) for market, interest rate and counterparty risk activities.
Compliance: The Compliance team covers jobs responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining Compliance standards and programs to drive compliance with regional regulatory and/or Corporate Policy requirements weather this be in Central compliance, Control room or Surveillance.
Finance: Covers jobs responsible for financial and economic analysis, forecasting and evaluating trends in sales, finance, and other areas of the business.
Audit: Covers jobs which perform independent, objective assurance activity in line with professional standards and regulatory requirements. Responsible for conducting process, risk and control assessments and performing audit engagements that include control design and control effectiveness testing, in the UK & Ireland.
Human Resources: Covers jobs within the HR Business Partner, Portfolio Delivery (HR Projects), HR Operations, Payroll, Compensation, Benefits and Talent Acquisition areas.
- Previous experience of working within one of the specified corporate functions above
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to evaluate and provide appropriate solutions for complex human resources problems
- Ability to quickly learn business operations and processes
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong data analytics experience, ability to use data to influence decision making processes
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy