About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Analytics Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Consult to Business Line and enterprise functions responsible for complex financial and economic research and model development
- Use specialized financial functional knowledge of complex financial products, pricing implications, regulatory standards, financial performance, financial forecasting to assist in designing robust models, and complex non-model quantitative tools that support strategic decision making
- Perform analysis of findings and trends using statistical or financial analysis, modeling, process documentation, profitability analysis, customer, or demographic analysis
- Recommend solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency, quality, and compliance
- Identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into moderately complex research and recommendations to improve efficiency
- Design and implement database structures or software tools in support of effective data sourcing strategies
- Participate in all group technology efforts including design and implementation of analytics software, storage and processing of mortgage loan level data, and management of hardware and database requirements
- Develop customized reports, ad hoc analyses, or data visualizations to make recommendations for alternatives
- Translate regulatory defined stress test scenarios into model parameters, evaluate results of stress test results and interpretation of model output, and advise more experienced management on course of action
- Provide guidance to less experienced specialists
- Understand compliance and risk management requirements for supported area
- Ensure adherence to data management or data governance regulations and policies
- Participate in company initiatives or processes to assist in meeting its risk and capital objectives and other strategic goals
- Work with more experienced consultants or directly with partners
- Partner with technology or with other business groups
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Facilitating the identification of opportunities to utilize data analysis in the assessment of risk and controls.
- Navigating within large complex technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing.
- Effectively documenting the analysis in accordance with audit policy.
- Training and mentoring audit teams in the use of data analysis and data analysis tools.
- Partnering with assigned audit teams to build expertise in the use of data analysis within the internal audit function.
- 5-10 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Audit experience at a financial institution or accounting firm.
- A BS/BA degree or higher.
- Ability to obtain or currently hold one or more of the following certifications: CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, or CRCM.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to develop operational reporting and perform complex data analysis
- Computer Science (B.A.) [Concentration in Financial Services Informatics, AI, Robotics, Data Science, Software, Systems]
- Management Information Systems [Concentration in Management Information Systems; Business Intelligence and Analytics; Systems Analysis]
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Certifications in analytics space:
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional
- SAS Certified Data Scientist
- Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences
- Certified Analytics Professional
- Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate (university specific)
- Experience in data processing, database programming, and/or data analytics.
- SQL, SAS, or ACL programming experience including automation solutions of medium to high technical complexity.
- Proficiency with other software and/or programming languages and tools (Visual Basic, Oracle SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SQL Server Reporting Service, etc.)
- Advanced experience with data management including data modeling, data integrity and data quality
- Advanced experience creating executive level dashboards, analytics, and reports using advanced visualization tools
- Advanced experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- Advanced business intelligence experience
- Advanced development of enhanced BI visualizations (Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, Power Pivot)
- Network Data Mover (NDM) experience
- Experience in audit or risk functions covering risk identification, analysis, mitigation, and management
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo businesses, systems of record, and data warehouses.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.