Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join the Auto Loan Origination group to help develop business enhancement and support business critical systems developed in .NET. In this role, you will act as a Lead Engineer, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology with an underlying migration goal to cloud based technologies, within an Agile squad that will lead the technology innovation and product development and testing to deliver on its backlog. The team is responsible for providing application design, testing, implementation support and execution for systems within auto technology. You will be responsible for analyzing complex business requirements and designs specifications to convert them into user stories and tasks within allocated sprint sessions.
About this role:
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer with knowledge of the consumer lending business, specifically domain knowledge of the Auto Lending systems and practices, Wells Fargo secure coding practices, and a full range of skills from creating and process requirements, database scripting, and automated testing. The lead engineer will need an astute technical mind that can navigate through the organizational and process hurdles to transform the system into a modern micro services based architecture while navigating the due dates on current applications. You should also have a strong understanding of domain driven design, Wells Fargo Auto architecture, and design principles and patterns.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of experience using SQL Server demonstrating strong SQL knowledge
- 5+ years of C#.NET experience
- 1+ years of experience with .NET Web API or related restful web service implementation
- 1+ years leading software development projects.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- Ability to consult at the highest technical level on design: planning, integration, implementation, scalability, and problem definition
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Development experience with Angular / React JS
- CICD experience with tools such as GitHub, TFS & Jenkins
- Development experience with cloud hosting platforms such as Azure, Google, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry and deploying through containers.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.