About this role:
The Analytics Consultant role of requires strong skillset to support data, reporting and analytics. You will be independent contributor capable of taking complete ownership of projects, driving it and maintaining partner updates. It will require solid understanding of the business objectives, formulating the data/reporting/analytic solution and execute/ implement to deliver the solution. In this role, you will:
- Providing business and technical leadership to develop analytics team delivering across multiple BBG projects
- Responsible for maintaining partner relationships, ensuring high quality team deliverables and SLAs
- Working closely with US partners, interacting closely with multiple business partners anchor program managers
- Work independently, foster a culture of healthy and efficient working for the team
- Designing and solving complex business problems by reporting/analytical techniques and tools
- Will be involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or advanced data visualization
- Recommends potential data sources; compiles and mines data from multiple, cross business sources.
- Works with typically very large data sets, both structured and unstructured, and from multiple sources
- Develops specific, customized reports, adhoc analyses and/or data visualizations, formatted with business user-friendly techniques to drive adoption, such as (1) Excel macros/pivoting/filtering, (2) PowerPoint slides and presentations, and (3) clear verbal and e-mail communications
- Works with senior consultants or directly with partners, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and recommendations.
- Works with local and international colleagues and with internal customers, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and catering to business needs for the team
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Ability to work overlap hours with US team
- Shift 1:30-10:30 pm
Required Qualifications, International:
- 4-6+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a
- quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- 2+ years of experience in Tableau or SSRS or any BI Reporting tool- creating solutions with aid of data visualization. This includes but not limited to developing and creating BI dashboards, working on end to end reports, deriving insights from data
- Hands-on experience in SQL especially in Oracle, SQL Server & Teradata environment
- Hands on experience in ETL development using Alteryx, and SSIS
- Well versed with SDLC, production cycle and release management.
- Intellectually curious/ quick thinker
- Good data interpretation and presentation skills
- Willingness/ability to take ownership of a project
- Exceptionally fast learner, able to reach non-trivial SME level under tight deadlines
- High energy, can-do attitude, self-directed, pro-active, self-starter who excels in an environment with limited supervision
- Assist in managing multiple complex exercises in various stages simultaneously
- Assist in managing internal customer expectations while adhering to internal SLA timeframes
- Assist in integrating multiple viewpoints and synthesize key messages
- engagement and work with multiple senior management stakeholders
Operating Environment/ Operational Management
- Being able to adapt to change
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment and is able to work effectively with teams in remote locations
- Comfortable in a virtual environment, e.g. conference calls and webinars
- Bring a culture of operational excellence and enhancements
- Good team player
- Relationship Management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Engage with cross culture team members and stake holders
- Engagement and work with multiple senior management stakeholders
Experience with SAS
• Experience/ Exposure to advanced analytics (Predictive modeling/AI/ML/Statistical Modeling)
• Exposure to Python & R
• Financial services experience (Commercial Banking a plus)
• Understanding Wells Fargo Commercial Banking products, systems, and platforms
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.