About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Network Engineer - Ribbon S for Telecommunications Engineering and Integration Team.
- Experience in Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 4+ years of Ribbon Session Border Controller experience
- 4+ years of Telephony experience
- 4+ years for Cisco UC Experience
- 2+ years of data collection and reporting experience
- 2+ years of data analysis experience
In this role, you will:
- Participate in high level technical concepts spanning technology and business
- Develop specifications for complex infrastructure systems, design and test solutions
- Contribute to the testing of business, application and technical infrastructure requirements
- Drive solutions to reduce recovery
- Review and analyze solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices
- Design complex system upgrades
- Resolve troublesome trends as they develop
- Develop a long range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring
- Direct the daily risk and control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures and work standards to ensure success
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- The team member will join the Telecommunications Engineering and Integration team.
- The primary role will be the design, configuration and maintenance of the IP-based corporate telephony infrastructure utilizing multiple, high availability Session Border Controllers and associated carrier infrastructure.
Additional responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Execute change into the above environments via the Wells Fargo change control process and assist on mitigating risk for the enterprise by proactively addressing capacity problems or any voice system related issues.
- Participate and/or lead enterprise level projects from an engineering perspective, responsible for creating/updating voice system documentation and designs with responsibilities for designing, implementing, testing, and researching industry best practices and applying them to the solutions implemented within Wells Fargo voice solutions.
- Serves as a high-level technical resource on foundational process definition, standards, certification, risk analysis, remediation, reporting for the Session Boarder Controller platforms, carrier infrastructure and Cisco UC products.
- Planning, analysis, design & implementation of all voice telecommunication connectivity and services to include E911, CLID, SIP trunking and Concurrent Call Path (CCP). Design SIP voice capacity across voice platforms against current configurations to provide diversity (Carrier, POP/Switch and Local), scalability (supporting forecasted and organic growth) and supportability (services that are proven and stable).
- Provide voice capacity sizing based on requirements and analyze call flow details/volumes while applying Erlang traffic management, Call Admission Control, call flow trends and defined thresholds for voice capacity.
- Develops and provides specifications for complex voice systems, design, and test Voice / IPT communications solutions.
- Designs complex system upgrades. Leads the evaluation of vendor proposals, conducts network studies and traffic analyses, supports the development of network architectures, prepares forecasts of network traffic and capacity, and recommends modifications to the network configurations that reduce costs or improve service.
- Will serve as a high-level technical resource for large-scale Voice/IPT communications issues.
- Responsible for vulnerability monitoring, assessment, and patch for the enterprise voice platform, including lab and production environments.
- May direct or serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- Assist in development of production standards and/or make recommendations in our overall production
- Platform Impact Analysis
- Documentation – Technical Design, Implementation Plan, Test Plan
- Platform Standards Development & Compliance
- Tier III Support
- Communicate with vendors Strategy & Planning
- To provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current issues, progress toward goals and recommendations to improve performance and reliability
- Perform research, testing, and validation (certification) of new technologies
- Collaborate with peers, internal teams, and suppliers to develop product integration strategies
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge and understanding of Caller Line ID services and remediation
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom: circuit engineering, design, and deployment
- Knowledge and understanding of protocol analyzer tools for network performance and capacity analysis or planning
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/ IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol)
- Knowledge and understanding of technology performance: tuning, core analysis, reviewing traces files and error logs
- Knowledge and understanding of mitigating risk for the enterprise by proactively addressing voice capacity problems or issues
- Knowledge and understanding of telephony: voice system/capacity designs, creation, or updating
- Ability to research, design, implement, and test industry best practices
- Knowledge and understanding of carrier class network whole range of network transport interfaces including both analog and optical delivery methods
- Knowledge and understanding of integration call center applications
- Knowledge and understanding of call routing and call reporting dynamics
- Knowledge and understanding of telephony: Call Admission Control (CAC) development and designs for enterprise level UC environments and networks
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: measure and communicate key performance metrics (KPIs)
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Knowledge and understanding of business intelligence development and reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of business intelligence solutions and implementations
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- 2+ years of Python/Perl Scripting experience
- 2+ years of Voice Cloud Services experience
- 3+ years of Cisco CUCM/CER/Unity/Jabber/MRA experience
- 3+ years of experience in one or more business intelligence tools
- 2+ years of data analysis experience
- 2+ years of data collection and reporting experience
- 4+ years of experience SBC/Gateway, Ribbon Sonus PSX/EMS/DSI/SWe/54XX/7XXX Series Technologies and Ribbon Analytics application.
- 4+ years of experience in Unified Communication design, call routing, enterprise dial plan development, large scale IP telephony architecture development, design, and solutions development utilizing IP (SIP) based trunk solutions, and CTI dial plan design for call center solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with MPLS VPN designs with UC/IPT application transport overlays services.
- Extensive knowledge of Network Protocols: Ethernet (802.1q, 802.3ad, etc) and IP routing (RIP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS) or Firewalls, Access Control List (ACL) Administration.
- Experience and complete understanding with telephony networking protocols MGCP, RTP, SIP, SIP Back to Back User Agents or B2BUA s, SCCP and H323 or H.235 services secure RTP or sRTP and compress RTP or cRTP with emphasis on optimized call routing integrations to enterprise IP routing platforms.
- Experience in network (IP and Telco) design, data, access, performance, scalability, security, reliability and fault tolerance.
- Experience with developing and executing detailed test plans, test criteria, and review detailed lab results from in house testing and certification teams. Must be able to convert test results into detailed and concise configurations and incorporate findings into deployment and solutions guidelines.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.