About this role:
Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT), Service Management provides support to our Application Development and Platform Application Support teams for a diverse portfolio of almost 1,000 applications. We are seeking a Technology Business Systems Consultant to join our Service Management team focused on the EFT Cyber Threat and Release Coordination space. This position is responsible for ensuring EFT cyber threats are treated in a timely fashion and that partner teams are provided the support needed to execute. A strong focus on cross-functional team operations along with experience in a continuous delivery environment preferred.
The EFT Cyber Threat and Release Coordination team provides overall remediation governance oversight of aligned EFT CIO group assets and supports enterprise releases.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a liaison between client area and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Asset Class Owner Teams, Platform Leaders and Team Members to execute and facilitate vulnerabilities treatment in a consistent and repeatable process.
- Work with the Platform Leaders to evaluate data and reporting needs and requirements, enhancement requirements and layout/design requirements.
- Act as an internal consultant within Service Management and Platform Operations on tools and process enhancements/definition/improvement to re-engineer for greater efficiencies.
- Work with platform team members on monthly vulnerabilities sustainment process and support.
- Assist during emergency events on various event roles, including leadership, documentation, coordination and escalations.
- Assist Technology Manager(s) with compliance associated to Enterprise operational risk programs and audit regulations.
- Maintain regular contact with management within Technology and the supported LOB’s. Provides communications on upcoming remediation efforts and patching requirements with issues and management escalation.
- Own process documentation via continuous development/improvement of various new & existing processes, including maintaining of SharePoint/Confluence site.
- May work directly with senior management and is considered an expert.
- This position will require some evening/weekend hours in support of emergency vulnerabilities or release implementations.
- 4+ years of systems vulnerability management experience
- 4+ years of experience conducting data analysis in a vulnerability team
- 4+ years of experience working with a vulnerability team aligned to technology
- 4+ years of experience creating pivot tables and performing data analysis in excel
- 3+ years of process improvement experience
- 5+ years of patch management experience
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Experience identifying key issues , involve affected parties , design solutions , obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness efficiencies
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solution within a geographically dispersed organization
- Knowledge and understanding of configuration management solutions for information security and compliance controls
- Knowledge and understanding of Tableau
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of industry guidance and frameworks – ITIL etc.
- Proficient in MS products, particularly Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Indicated Job Expectations:
• Work Schedule Ability to work outside of regular business hours (as needed)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.