About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines is a critical component of Wells Fargo’s strategy to leverage distinct advantages in doing business in a global environment. Wells Fargo India & Philippines is primarily an extension of the technology, operations, and corporate support teams of Wells Fargo. It engages in application development and support, testing, other technology functions, international operations, knowledge support, and middle and back-end banking process solutions for a wide spectrum of Wells Fargo’s needs. It currently has offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Manila.
The Philippines Site Lead Control Management Team is expected to partner with business groups, enterprise functions and their respective control teams; and collaborate with Independent Risk Management and Audit as needed.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Control Management Officer who will be responsible for providing control management support to the Philippines Site.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs, and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Lead Control Management project or virtual teams
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Experience in working with matrix organizations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and project management skills
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge and a broad background in banking
- Experience in Operational Risk Management and Compliance
- Certifications in risk and control management domains
- Implement the Philippines Site Risk and Control Management governance framework, which includes the creation of the Philippines Control Council
- Manage reporting requirements for the Philippines Site Control Management team
- Ensure that incidents, issues, and emerging risks are appropriately escalated as prescribed by the Bank’s Escalation Policy and Procedures
- Work with the control management teams of the different Business Groups and Enterprise Functions in the Philippines Site to ensure prompt resolution of issues and incidents
- Define and monitor risk and control metrics for the Philippines Site, and ensure that there are metrics that talk back to all components of the Philippines Site Legal Entity’s risk profile
- Implement a risk awareness program for the Philippines Site with the goal of improving the site’s risk culture
- Candidate must be amenable to work on a MID shift and be located at McKinley Hill Taguig
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.