In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of experience designing/architecting and developing engineering products in NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall project management practices, with exposure to tools like JIRA, Microfocus ALM and Confluence for test lifecycle management
- Experience designing and deploying service virtualization using software, such as CA LISA or Parasoft Service Virtualization
- Experience designing and implementing APIs, with a deep understanding of REST, SOAP, HTTP etc.
- Experience with CI/CD technologies, such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, Sonar etc.
- Strong experience with web services (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, etc.) and Spring Framework
- Knowledge of end-to-end DevSecOps automation with CI and CD pipelines designing, implementing, or using quality gates
- Technology mentoring to meet the overall objectives of the organization- includes coaching junior engineers and providing technical design and architecture guidance for initiatives
- Plan, Consult, negotiate and manage deliverables of the business & technology requirements
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Provide consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance for greater efficiencies
- Comfortable working in an Agile software delivery environment.
- Desire to collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams using the product
- Strong programming experience in Java or Python
- Strong experience using NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience creating and deploying microservices-based applications
- Experience building, deploying or supporting applications in public or private cloud
- Knowledge of end-to-end DevSecOps automation with CI and CD pipelines designing, implementing or using quality gates.
- Designing, creating and maintaining test frameworks.
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, Maven/Gradle.
- Experience using SOAPUI, SOATest, POSTMAN.
- Strong experience with web services (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, etc.) and Spring Framework.
- Learning, adapting and implementing new concepts, technologies and improvements.
- Design and execute strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining test engineering platforms, hybrid frameworks that incorporate multiple test products for end-to-end testing
- Strong Technical Leadership & Engineering solution development- provide expertise, direction, and assistance to junior engineers and inputs towards strategy & testing processes – Shift Left Philosophy, BDD & TDD
- Strong experience in test product ownership and product roadmaps including research, adoption & migration
- Experience of cloud migration of applications/tools and Azure/GCP certification will be an added advantage
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.