The Wells Fargo Consumer Technology (CT) Head of Data has been tasked with transforming and modernizing operational and analytic data across Consumer Technologies. The mission for CT Data is to implement best in class engineered technologies and best practices that are Agile-minded, commercially structured, compliance-oriented, and focused on the rapid delivery of high-quality, safe products and services which are consumable at scale across consumer lines of business.
The Senior Software Engineer – Data & Analytics role will report to an Engineering Manager. The role will be responsible for providing technical expertise for the data engineering team, solution design for medium to complex data products, hands-on development of reusable frameworks, performing design and code reviews, driving and accelerating Data and Analytics Strategy & Roadmap across Consumer Technology.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement Data Strategy for private and public cloud
- Lead and perform current state data assessments, contribute to future state vision/strategy
- Partner with Enterprise Data Services organization on Enterprise Data Strategy
- Ensure Data-related design patterns, best practices are front and center of technology practices in the organization.
- Create and manage reusable frameworks for data engineering and leverage common design patterns across traditional and big-data solutions
- Proven hands-on development expertise in Data warehousing ETL stack and Big Data Hadoop technology stack including Hadoop, Hive, Python, Java/Scala, SPARK,
- Advanced experience in Business Intelligence and Analytics capabilities like Tableau, ESSBASE, AtScale, Thoughtspot etc
- Advanced level expertise in building high performance data and analytical products
- Ability to conduct technical training sessions for technical and line of business users
This role will also work closely with the rest of the CT Data & Analytics Engineering & Architecture team as well as Wells Fargo CTO, Data Management & Insights (DMI) and Data Solutions & Services (DSS).
Other responsibilities/experience needed for this role include:
- Partner with Enterprise data teams and Line of Business partners on customer-centric view of the data, data reuse, and data consistency across all customer interactions
- Collaborate with Enterprise Data organization on supplying and governing Consumer Lending data going into the Enterprise Data Lake
- Establish processes and tools to support consistency, lineage, collection, processing, sharing, and organization of data across entire Consumer Lending portfolio
- Establish Consumer Lending wide data standards and governance. Manage data as a strategic asset and operationalize data governance, data quality, and controls across the organization
- Introduce and propagate modern Engineering practices around Data including automation of data-related processes
- Drive consistency, efficiencies, and cost benefits through Data Integration practices and standards
- Experience improving the maturity of low-maturity technology environments – consulting, collaborating across enterprise to mature technology solutions, delivering modern capabilities, and/or delivering in Agile environment.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 1+ years of technical leadership or architecture experience, in a data and technical environment
- 2+ years of experience leading in the Data Engineering, Data Management, Spark, and/or SSIS ETL
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- End-to-End data, analytics and machine learning technology and business acumen including Data Warehousing, ODS, Big Data platforms and related technology stack such as SQL Server, SSIS ETLs, Cloudera, Python, Spark, Hive and cloud native data capabilities.
- Ability to implement data and analytics capabilities and mindset at scale
- A Master’s Degree in Data Science, Statistics or relevant field
- 4+ years’ software engineering experience as well as demonstrated experience in Big Data Engineering, Application Support and/or Technology Operations
- 2+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 2+ years’ experience with Data architecture, design, and management
Des Moines, IA
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.