About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Senior Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team of managers, experienced officers, and officers in roles with moderate complexity and risk in accomplishing goals and priorities associated with the functional area
- Engage and influence corporate heads, business heads, legal, audit, regulators, and industry partners associated with the function, or who are affected by its outcomes
- Identify and recommend Business Controls opportunities for process improvement and risk control development by managing and directing teams on strategy and execution of activities
- Determine appropriate strategies and actions of Business Controls functional area to meet moderate to high risk deliverables by ensuring that all business risk issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately
- Interpret and develop policies and procedures for functions with moderate complexity within defined scope of responsibility
- Collaborate with and influence key stakeholders including managers
- Interact directly with relevant business groups
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and aligned with strategic objectives in Business Controls functional area
- Develop and guide a culture of Business Controls talent development to meet business objectives and strategies
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ years of Risk Management or Business Controls experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Management experience
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management, Business Controls, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Management experience
- Experience working in or closely with Wealth and Investment Management lines of business (or external equivalents) sufficient to demonstrate a working knowledge of their products/services, key processes/systems, and organizational structure
- Direct and proven experience developing and implementing solutions for Control Management Activities inclusive of, but not limited to, RCSA, Issue Management, and Global Delivery Activities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Strong project management and execution skills, including the ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously while delivering all commitments on time and with high quality
- Ability to influence stakeholders in a collaborative environment without direct organizational authority
- Proven ability to develop pertinent reporting and analytics to help in understanding and aid in the development of solutions for complex risk and control issues
- Ability to identify root cause of identified issues and evaluate potential mitigation plans
- Familiarity with process analysis and improvement frameworks
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.