About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Infrastructure Engineer to design, build, enhance, and integrate the technology infrastructure required to support various platforms and Wells Fargo's business portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives to develop infrastructure to provide solutions for business applications
- Participate in various projects intended to continually improve or upgrade the infrastructure
- Evaluate internal and external software solutions which could be leveraged to meet target state architecture goals
- Review and analyze high impact outages to ensure the proper processes and procedures are in place to avoid problems in the future
- Design, build, deploy and maintain infrastructure solutions through collaborative efforts with the team and third party vendors
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices
- Make decisions in technical designs, implementation plans and identify project risks and resource requirements
- Direct the daily risk and control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures and work standards to ensure success
- Recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and achieve results
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with customer and vendor
- 5+ years of Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of experience of CA Broadcom OPS/MVS and/or IBM System Automation
- 5+ years of experience of the z/OS operating system
- 5+ years of experience of REXX language, JCL, ISPF.
- Knowledge of the CA/Broadcom product suite and/or IBM equivalent
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Available to work remote (hybrid mode)
This position will utilize the mainframe automation software packages - OPS/MVS and System Automation.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.