At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Chief Operating Office (COO) is responsible for delivering a more consistent approach to business operations across Wells Fargo, strengthening the company’s risk and control infrastructure, and delivering effective and efficient enterprise services to employees and customers.
Functional Responsibilities will include:
Audit and/or controls experience
• Track record of working in a team-based environment to solve business challenges
• Ability to drive quality and consistency across the issue verification program
• Experience in the development of testing plans and procedures
• Ability to multitask efficiently while paying close attention to detail
• Listens without interrupting, asks clarifying questions as needed, forms judgements with consideration.
• Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes systems and internal controls; additional experience analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact.
• Audit or internal control evaluation experience
• Risk Management Certification Programs
• Ability to influence and consult internally.
• Strong risk and control fundamentals.
• Written and oral communication skills
• General awareness of operational risk management in the financial services industry.
• Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, and identifying control deficiencies..
• Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
• Capable to deliver high quality output
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.