About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Analytics Associate...
In this role, you will:
• Partner with ECO teams to ensure data analytic needs are met such as continuous auditing activities, automation, robotics, special projects, substantive testing support, etc.
• Navigate within technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis
• Analyze complex data and providing the analytic results in a user-friendly format
• Develop and maintaining program scripts used for data analysis, controls automation and controls testing.
• Provide recommendations on types of analytics and procedures used to meet control testing objectives
• Communication of data analysis conclusions to management.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of analytic results.
• Build relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders related to assigned areas.
• Assist with projects impacting the broader team.
Required Qualifications, International:
• B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. degree or higher in computer science, information systems, finance or business administration
• Minimum two years’ experience working in Analytics teams in well-known Banks (preferably US Based)
• 3-5 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Analytics, Reporting, Finance, Accounting
• 3-5 years of experience with SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
• 3-5 years of Tableau or SSRS experience
• Knowledge and understanding of programming languages and tools (SQL, SSIS, SAS, Alteryx etc.)
• Working knowledge of database designs, strategies (SQL Server/Oracle/Teradata etc.)
• 2+ years of experience or working knowledge in technologies such as Python, R etc.
• Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
• Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
• Basic Microsoft Visio skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
• Ability to gather business and data requirements; and perform data validation
• Experience building data visualization and/or reporting solutions through Tableau or similar BI tools.
• Knowledge of ETL processes.
• Ability to conceptualize and implement new analytic approaches and methodologies
• Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo; significant experience with continuous improvement of IT control testing processes and results
• Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.