About this role:
Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. A trusted partner to our clients, we provide corporate and transactional banking, commercial real estate lending and servicing, investment banking, equity and fixed income solutions including sales, trading, and research capabilities to corporate, commercial real estate, government, and institutional clients across the globe.
The role of the Data Management Analyst would be to work with product owners to analyze data, identify data gaps and create requirements. The analyst would be responsible to create data model design changes, provide transformation logics and solutions while working closely with development teams for implementation on the same.
In this role, you will:
- Support data analysis of traded products across collateral margin agreement, derivatives, investment and reference data and identify data gaps.
- Analyze data variance reflected in the general ledger/sub ledger reconciliations with other SOR (system of records) and identify the true breaks between the systems.
- The analyst will create requirements and would be responsible to propose data model design changes, provide transformation logics and solutions.
- Create dashboards and publish insights on the variance periodically.
Required Qualifications, International:
- 3-7 years of experience as a Business Analyst in Data Management, Banking – Treasury/ Capital Market/ Investment/ Financial Risk Management
- 3+ years of experience with Data mapping, data modelling, databases and root cause analysis
- 3+ Years of experience in Python desired
- Financial product knowledge/exposure in one or more below:
- Derivatives (any asset class- Equities, Credit, FX, Commodities)- Listed products and/or OTC
- SFTs- Securities financing transaction- Securities borrowing/lending, repos, reverse repos, tri-party repos/rev repos
- Collateral management
- Good understanding of Market related reference data
- Excellent SQL/Hive skills - queries, joins, data modelling, relational DB concepts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Experience in Data mapping and data profiling will be added advantage
- Solid experience with MS Excel
- Experience and understanding of Agile methodology
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.