About Wells Fargo India & Philippines
Wells Fargo India & Philippines is a critical component of Wells Fargo’s strategy to leverage distinct advantages in doing business in a global environment. Wells Fargo India & Philippines is primarily an extension of the technology, operations, and corporate support teams of Wells Fargo. It engages in application development and support, testing, other technology functions, international operations, knowledge support, and middle and back-end banking process solutions for a wide spectrum of Wells Fargo’s needs. It currently has offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Manila.
We evaluate whether controls are well-designed and operating effectively. Our approach is tailored around Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and other risk programs and it supports proactive risk management in alignment with the Risk Management Framework. We perform evidence-based controls evaluations and document our outcomes based on applicable policies and standards.
About the Role
We are looking for employees to perform evidence-based control evaluations. This process may involve sampling and inspecting evidence to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls and whether they are mitigating their assigned risks. The role will be responsible for evaluating / testing controls to ensure proactive self-identification of issues and events, root cause analysis, resolution of control deficiencies and provides insight into emerging risks while operating in a very dynamic manner, connecting and building relationships with key partners.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives designed to mitigate current and emerging risks with broad impact
- Act as key participant in monitoring, evaluating, and measuring the impact of decisions practiced in Control Management functional area
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs, and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk-mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Develop and implement risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations, and provide guidance in developing and implementing risk-mitigating strategies
- Lead Control Management project or virtual teams
- 10+ years of experience in Risk Management, Control Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Overall experience of 10+ years with 8 years of relevant experience in Financial Services industry and / or risk & control domains covering operational risk, controls testing / evaluation, compliance, internal audit, risk management etc.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and readiness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to multi task and work across domains and business groups.
- Proven experience in leading control testing efforts, mentoring junior associates and driving results.
- Ability to credibly challenge, conduct tough conversations and effectively communicate with various levels of management, including senior leaders and executives.
- Individual contributor role focusing on performing evidence based control evaluations by conducting various evidence gathering activities.
- Design, maintain and execute the control evaluation scripts, identify control deficiencies, document and escalate potential issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Validate & track action plans, escalate issues as required and document the control test artifacts and findings.
- Mentor and guide junior associates, oversee the timely completion of all control evaluation activities and documentation.
- Perform control evaluations for medium to complex engagements, challenge status-quo and identify opportunities to add efficiencies or refining the existing processes.
- Engage and work with multiple stakeholders - front line business groups, risk program aligned functions and IRM teams for driving the objectives of risk and control programs.
- Instill and drive proactive risk culture, operational excellence and efficiencies.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.