About this role:
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer - Modeler to be part of a team that provides reporting for Risk and Compliance across all levels of the organization. This position will use their strong understanding of data warehousing, end to end data flow, data integration and data modeling to assist in the development of the Enterprise Risk reporting and analytics application. This position will partner with other Data Modelers, Business Partners, ETL developers, and Business Intelligence Analysts to design/develop/deploy Business Intelligence based solutions in the enterprise risk domain. This position requires hands-on experience in designing, coding, debugging, troubleshooting and performance tuning data warehouse based applications using SQL and SQL Server
In this role, you will:
- Work with Technical analysts and Business Partners to translate business and data requirements into a data warehouse model for reporting and analytics
- Analyze the existing data structures and identify the sources of incoming data to drive Source to Target Mapping with assistance from ETL Developers and Data Engineers
- Build all database objects (Tables, Relationships, Triggers, Stored Procedures, etc.) with assistance from DBA
- Build, maintain and govern all enterprise data models in defined tool (PowerDesigner)
- Understand database performance factors and trends pertaining to very large database design and collaborate with DBAs to implement mitigating physical modeling solutions
- Define data security roles, groups and policies
- Responsible for defining and enforcing data modeling design standards, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies for the organization
- Partnering with Business Stakeholders and developers to ensure deliverables meet business expectations
- Help load or create mock up data as needed to ensure development team can continue building when lack of data is present
- Work with technical teams to deliver on commitments within time and scope
- Collaborate with source system and Authorized provisioning point (APP) teams, Data Analysts and Modelers to build scalable data solutions
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of data modeling experience
- 4+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 4+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 4+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 4+ years of business intelligence experience
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics reporting
- 2+ years’ experience designing and optimizing complex SQL queries involving table joins and correlated sub-queries on large scale data tables
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- 4+ years of experience writing Microsoft SQL Server relational database queries, stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- A BS/BA degree
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 4+ years of experience with end-to-end design and delivery of data warehouse applications
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work outside regular business, as needed.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.