The Enterprise Chief Technology Officer (ECTO) Enterprise Application Portfolio Management group plays a critical role in enabling our business partners through technology solutions. The organizational model of the ECTO team is designed to more effectively manage our portfolio of applications, govern enterprise IT, manage risk, simplify our technology offerings, and execute on our business partners’ priorities with enhanced time to market. The Enterprise Application Portfolio Management (EAPM) is the organization responsible for managing our Application assets, Application competency center and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) to ensure robust portfolio management of more than 6000 applications. The EAPM Operations team is responsible to provide the single data store on which the consolidated and comprehensive reporting is made available for end users.
The primary responsibilities within this position include:
- Bring in the technical know-how in understanding the underlying processes and implementation including the Risk & Governance
- Executing on day to day operational activities and tasks as required by our data store reporting and monitoring processes
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on processes and procedures to ensure reporting and dashboarding is provided.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to take the intake and deliver
- Managing and executing on plans that keep open requests moving through the processes
- Conducting system testing on process improvement initiatives that will impact operational processes
- Adhering to the agile processes and drive it within the team
- Handle production environments deployments
- Handle the support tickets and provide necessary inputs to the end users
Skills Required -
- Bring 7-10 years of industry experience
- Experience in handling the production environment deployments
- Analyze and provide the inputs for any issues/tickets raised
- Experience in reporting using SSRS, Tableau and any other BI tools like Power BI
- Experience in ETL, query optimization
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.