About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Project Management Manager who is responsible for the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements on time, within budget, and within program or project guidelines and scope.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team of individuals, and engage or negotiate regularly with more experienced management on managing task forces, overseeing program control and managing related risks
- Identify and recommend opportunities for high level strategies on business, product, and customer service needs
- Analyze profitability, policy, programs and staffing to ensure optimal business results
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding project control, project risks, define needs and issues, create user training, and handle budget or forecasting of change management to meet business objectives
- Interpret and develop government regulations and companywide policies for identifying, developing, and implementing procedures and controls within scope of projects to optimize results and mitigate risk
- Collaborate and consult with senior management, lines of business and partner with stakeholders
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Project Management
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- Experience in Project Management and Methodologies, Strategic Planning, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Leadership experience
- Candidates must be a college graduate. Bachelor’s Degree, any field.
- 15+ years of project management experience with 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience in supporting different regional locations. Operations experience in a leadership role is an advantage.
- Ability to manage in a matrixed organization environment.
- Significant experience working on large-scale organizational change initiatives.
- Ability to create a strong collaborative work environment to successfully develop partnerships.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with strategic business focus and vision.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.