About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Counsel to join the Corporate & Investment Banking Legal Division in support of both our acquisition finance and our subscription finance platforms.
- Acquisition Finance. Advise on all aspects of acquisition financings, including bridge loan transactions, in both the leveraged finance and investment grade markets and for both corporate and financial sponsor clients.
- Subscription Finance. Advise on all aspects of subscription finance transactions including with respect to commitment and engagement letters, credit agreements, administrative agency issues and collateral analysis, as well as more general commercial, reputational and regulatory risks faced by the line of business.
- Support internal projects designed at creating efficiencies and responding to legal and regulatory changes as well as market developments.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives with broad impact and act as a key participant in large scale planning
- Provides guidance to senior management on complex legal and regulatory matters with significant impact on business initiatives, strategy, and performance
- Assess legal risk associated with all risk types and develops strategies for reducing legal exposure.
- Lead analysis of and response to legal, regulatory, reputational, compliance, and policy matters within area of expertise
- Identify and analyze complex legal issues, develop conclusions, and make recommendations for issue resolution
- Serve as the primary legal contact for assigned clients
- Collaborate within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo.
- Take an active role in the development, oversight, and delegation of tasks to more junior staff.
- May lead initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
- 5+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership or the equivalent in a country outside the United States
- Previous syndicated lending experience gained in a law firm setting or as an internal counsel at a financial institution
- Experience with acquisition finance (including for financial sponsors) and/or subscription finance lending.
- Experience analyzing legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective counsel to clients on complex legal matters.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
**Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. At this time, this position falls under the scope of this mandate. **
Pay Range$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.