About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Credit Risk Specialist – Unsecure Lending Risk to support collections strategy & analytics, reporting and strategy implementation. This includes using analytics and other tools to re-develop and monitor collections, provide collections oversight and be able to explain the impact of collections performance on delinquency trends as well as working with operations teams to implement operational best practices via test and control approaches.
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and identify opportunity for risk mitigation strategies within Credit Risk.
- Contribute to credit performance, potential or emerging risks.
- Review and analyze moderately complex processes and projects, business, operational, or technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Receive direction from leaders.
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal customers.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Credit Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 5+ years of experience in rules development knowledge using an automated decision system or business rules management platform such as ZOOT WebRules, ACAPS JRules or other application processing and decision platforms.
- Design and develop effective and efficient moderately complex credit risk business rule solutions.
- Demonstrated record of developing creative and innovative solutions to common business problems.
- Experience with credit bureau data from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion.
- Experience with JIRA and Agile work stream in the software development lifecycle.
- Provide research and problem resolution in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Drives for results, meets commitments, and able to respond effectively to shifting priorities.
- Displays high integrity and honesty.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of an analytic or cross-disciplined team.
- 401 S Tryon Street – Charlotte, NC
- 600 S 4th Street – Minneapolis, MN
- 7001 Westown Pkwy – West Des Moines, IA
- 1150 W Washington St – Tempe, AZ
- 1445 Ross Ave – Dallas, TX
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.