Wells Fargo India & Philippines (WF I&P) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WF I&P operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines.
About the Role
Wells Fargo Card and Merchant Services (CMS) team supports our direct-to-consumer lending products which include consumer credit cards, co-brand cards and loyalty programs. Key areas of business include product management, marketing ,strategy and innovation, loan operations, inbound/outbound sales and and systems management.
Analytics and decision sciences team provides strategic analysis, reporting and insights to help business decisions in various parts of the business which includes customer acquisition, portfolio management, rewards management, retention , payments and customer experience.
In this role, you will
- Lead and drive the offshore cards portfolio analytics team to deliver on the on the assigned projects, manage team members and project delivery
- Perform analysis and create insights to help the credit card product owners, marketing teams to increase product engagement and generate revenues
- Develop business segmentation, customer profiling, benchmarking , forecasting, perform vintage analysis and create strategies around cards portfolio management , rewards & loyalty , retention activities and increase acquisition funnel for branches
- Support the business to understand spend and balance behavior, activity rate, attrition, revenue, rewards earn rate using insightful analytic
- Advise line of business on business strategies based on performance metrics, trends in population distributions, predictive scenario modeling, and other complex data to maximize profits and asset growth, and minimize operating losses within risk and other operating standards
- Work on thought leadership analytical ideas to drive the cards business from acquisition to retention
- Provide leadership in the identification and development of new research concepts and designs
Essential Qualifications/ Skill requirement
- BS/BTech degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, economics , engineering, physics
- Minimum of 8 + years hands-on experience in data analysis, reporting and modeling
- 1+ years management experience
- Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills, high conceptual problem-solving, high level of comfort in dealing with unstructured, “white space” problems
- Demonstrated experience with techniques, programming, and tools relevant to statistical modeling and analysis including a high level of proficiency with large databases/data warehouse (Oracle, Teradata) and tools such as SAS / SQL / Pytho
- Experience in working on statistical techniques like segmentation, regression, Decision trees, time series forecasting and optimization models
- Credit card or Financial sector experience with experience of conducting root cause analysis, vintage analysis , profitability analysis , business segment deep dives
- Intellectually curious/ quick thinker and a thought leader
- Good data interpretation and presentation skills
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Possesses a strong work ethic and thrives in a collaborative team environment and is able to work effectively with teams in remote locations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Engage with cross culture team members and stake holders
Required Technical Skills
- Languages: SQL, SAS , Python
- BI Tools: Tableau/ Power BI , Excel
- Knowledge of statistical techniques like – Regression , Clustering, CHAID, Time series Forecasting , GBM
- Demonstrated Statistical Modeling/ ML experience
- Post Graduate degree (M.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent) in any quantitative subjects like Statistics, Mathematics, Computers or Economics is a good to have.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.