About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Credit Risk Officer within the Personal Lending Data and System Transformation Risk Strategy team. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives including those that are cross-functional with broad impact and act as key participant in driving the company credit culture, desire, and business performance for Risk
- Review and analyze complex strategies, programs and policies with a direct and significant impact on credit risk appetite and culture
- Lead the development, implementation and analysis of Personal Lending risk strategy data and system capabilities
- Receive direction from leaders
- Exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Collaborate with business for oversight of risk management
- Interact with Audit, Legal, external agencies, and regulatory bodies on risk related topics
Please Note: Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
- 5+ years of Credit Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with credit policy development and change management
- Knowledge of unsecured lending products
- Proficient/demonstrated SQL/SAS skills and experience
- Knowledge of Python and Machine Learning modeling is a plus
- Ability to work at one of the approved job posting locations on a hybrid schedule
- Charlotte, NC
- Minneapolis, MN
- West Des Moines, IA
- Dallas, TX
- Tempe, AZ
- Wilmington, DE
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.