About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Supervisory Control Specialist for the Client Relationship Group Financial Network (FINET) Governance Team as part of Wealth and Investment Management. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
- Participate and consult regarding policies and procedures, controls, tools and training
- Identify opportunities for additional synergies and to maximize efficiencies within the private client group
- Review and analyze controls to manage high risk investment strategies and complex products
- Evaluate resources to monitor risk and exercise independent judgment to guide process changes, process improvements, and technology enhancements
- Present recommendations for resolving complex analysis in search of current and best practices
- Gather and analyze data, identify trends and present analysis through meaningful statistics
- Develop expertise in firm, compliance and regulatory policies and procedures
- Collaborate and consult with Financial Advisors, Regional and more experienced
- Management, Private Client Group, Branch Managers, Operation Managers, Supervision Managers, and varying Business Units
- 2+ years of Supervisory Control, Corporate Insurance Risk, Risk Management Consulting, Property or Casualty Insurance, Insurance Brokerage experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 exam to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- 2+ years of financial services experience
- 2 + years financial services compliance experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of branch associates and business units, including managers and advisors
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- FINRA registration including Series 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 9/10 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Ability to travel 25 percent of the time may be required
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition to state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Registration for FINRA Series 9/10 and 63/65 or 66 must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- 2801 Market St. - St. Louis, MO
- 401 S. Tryon - Charlotte, NC
1525 W W T Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.