About this role:
Internally known as Operations Senior Manager, responsible for activities that support the operational infrastructure, performance, and efficiency.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop teams of individual contributors and managers in roles with moderate work complexity and risk in the Operations functional area
- Work with more experienced management to develop and execute business strategies
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development within the Operations functional area
- Develop and implement business unit strategies
- Provide expertise for technical, operational and processing functions related to business unit
- Determine appropriate strategy and actions of Operation management functional team to meet moderate to high risk deliverables
- Interpret and develop policies and procedures for functions with moderate complexity within scope of responsibility across business lines or functional areas
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Engage and influence stakeholders, internal partners and peers associated with the function or affected by its outcomes
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Operations
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- Experience in Operations, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
- Management experience
- 15 years of experience with 8 years in leading and managing operations in a global banking / financial services environment, preferably supporting Commercial Banking Operations.
- Strong experience in managing people across multiple countries, developing strong performing teams and mentoring / coaching people to become leaders.
- Exhibits strong relationship/ negotiation orientation with senior level business partners globally.
- Senior level experience in or exposure to change management, program management solutions at global level preferred.
- Strong stakeholder management, networking and relationship management skills.
- Strong client orientation and understanding of operational risk.
- Ability to drive change and transformation, project management & implementation in business operations.
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability, integrity, and trustworthiness in all areas
- Takes ownership and accountability for responsibilities, business outcomes, and for management of risk exposure.
- Location : Taguig City, Manila, processes may require working US hours at time.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.