The Group Portfolio Delivery International team is part of Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Business Execution Services division and responsible for managing business change initiatives that may span the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Program Manager.
This Program Manager position reports into a Project Management Manager (PMM) and will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of change programs/projects that cross multiple Lines of Business (LoBs), and Legal Entities (LEs). Delivery entails driving business deliverables that may also include technical aspects that are instrumental to the overall change initiative whilst working with delivery partners e.g. Compliance, Finance, Legal, Operations, and Technology. Business sponsored initiatives may range from Regulatory, Compliance, Business Enablement and Strategic Transformation.
The Program Manager will be immediately focus on a managing business sponsored projects including the strategic rollout of Banking, Capital Markets and Commercial Real estate systems and processes across Wells Fargo’s International CIB business. The Program Manager will work closely with project sponsors, cross-functional teams, and alongside project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
The Program Manager is accountable to the Program Sponsor and is responsible for:
Supporting project managers in executing activities and helping ensure continued alignment to program vision and benefits
Managing the program throughout its life cycle in accordance with the Enterprise Project Management methodology
Developing the execution plan and monitoring progress of the plan
Aligning the deliverables to the program goals.
Developing the program benefits realization plan.
Escalating program risks, issues, and decisions to the program sponsor and executive sponsor as required. Escalate, as appropriate, any issues arising in the support of programs/projects managed which may have a negative impact on the International platform/process or the delivery of the program/project as a whole or on resources and/or systems.
The Program Manager role holder will not be responsible for direct line management but is expected to influence others.
In this role, you will also be responsible for:
Management of program and project budgets and budgetary performance indicators. Establish and maintain project resource forecasts and rolling requirements to support programs/projects under direct management and subjecting initial effort estimates to rigorous challenge before presenting them for consolidation.
Liaise with business partners to define the handover criteria which will signal the transition of a project activity to business as usual and, where appropriate, the program of measures (policy and procedures); training; definition of KRIs, etc. to be initiated to ensure ongoing monitoring of the change implemented.
- Accountable for direct and independent management of primarily high risk/strategic programs/projects.
Successfully informs and influences sponsors and key stakeholders to promote success of prioritization, senior and executive leadership through times of ambiguity, and obstacle management.
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly.
- Incorporates multi-business and enterprise support operations organizational/systems knowledge and navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensures full understanding of program/project impacts then translates that into comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Performs all usual duties of a Program Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation. This includes needs identification; resource requirements; dependencies, planning and progression; financials management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation.
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with executive leadership, sponsors, business and other stakeholders to validate program/project trajectory and project performance feedback.
- Ensures effective management by the project/program working group is practiced throughout the project life cycle. Alerts risk partners to emerging risks. Leading review of program risk analysis and risk log as outlined in the methodology.
- Provides performance feedback to managers of project team members. Regularly coaches other Project Managers or Project Coordinators, including matrix management.
- Communicates frequently to the project team, sponsor, portfolio sponsor, portfolio leader, and stakeholders while maintaining cooperative, motivated, and successful teams.
- Developing roadmaps to realizing business benefits and outcomes that are aligned to strategic objectives.
- Proven experience in Banking, Capital Markets or Commercial real estate business lines essential.
- Experience of a Project Management methodology e.g. Prince 2, PMI (PgMP, PMP), PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance.
- Experience in a combination of different change initiatives e.g. regulatory, compliance, operational risk, people & process, business enablement, platform and technology replacements, targeting operating model, etc. Leadership of regulatory change impacting investment banking and governance.
- Change Management experience gained within an International Investment Bank as a Senior Project / Program Manager.
- Experience in carrying out business case development, building out project proposals for executive sponsorship; both management consultancy and bank side background considered.
- Ability to manage different project life cycles including both agile, and waterfall organized initiatives.
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks; work-streams concurrently, prioritizing accordingly to ensure consistent delivery to time.
- The role is aligned to the International Banking and Capital Markets and Commercial Real Estate Portfolio. Delivery experience in either business line is essential.
- The post holder is expected to execute on projects and programs within the International book of work
- The role will support projects with stakeholders in a geographically dispersed organization and multiple time zones.
- The role with work across a matrix organization
- Adhere to financial management controls as instructed by central PMO.
- Adhere to an apply Enterprise Change Management Governance process to their Program/Project execution
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.