Commercial Banking Operations Reporting & Analytics team is responsible for providing reporting and analytics solutions for all lines of business within CB Operations. The key areas of engagement include defining strategic performance metrics, development, maintenance and enhancement of operational and executive dashboards and operations analytics project delivery.
About the Role
The role of Associate Manager requires managing multiple functional lines in Wells Fargo Commercial Banking Business to support modeling, reporting and advanced analytics through multiple teams. The key requirement for the role is the ability to lead a team in understanding the business objectives, formulating the analytic solution and execute/ implement to deliver the solution. Should be able to provide leadership to guide the team as well as deliver hands- on work where needed. Should provide mentoring, coaching to team members and create positive work culture.
- Providing business and technical leadership to develop reporting & analytics team delivering across multiple projects within CB Operations
- Responsible for maintaining partner relationships, ensuring high quality team deliverables and SLAs
- Designing and solving complex business problems by reporting/analytical techniques and tools
- Works with typically very large data sets, both structured and unstructured, and from multiple sources
- Develops specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses and/or data visualizations, formatted with business user-friendly techniques to drive adoption, such as (1) Excel macros/pivoting/filtering, (2) PowerPoint slides and presentations, and (3) clear verbal and e-mail communications
- Works with seniors in the team or directly with partners, responsible for identifying and defining business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and recommendations.
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective
- Ability to work overlap hours with US team
- Shift 1:30-10:30 pm
- 10 - 12+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a MS/MA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, or computer sciences
- 6+ years of experience with Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, or other data management, reporting, and query tools
- 6+ years of experience in Tableau development- creating solutions with aid of data visualization. This includes but not limited to developing and creating BI dashboards, working on end to end reports, deriving insights from data
- 6+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Modeling, Forecasting, Decision Trees as well as other statistical and performance analytics
- Portfolio Monitoring using Descriptive and Diagnostic Analytics using SAS, R, Python
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to work independently and ensure alignment to overall business goals
- 5+ years of experience in team management with 10+ team size
- Experience with end-to-end development and deployment of advanced analytics techniques (Statistical Modeling, Forecasting, AI/ML applications)
- Prior Wholesale/ Commercial Banking experience
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.