At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist in the Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Commercial Real Estate Control organization. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
Be responsible for providing risk management leadership and expertise for the Multifamily Capital (MFC) and Community Lending and Investment (CLI) businesses within Commercial Real Estate (CRE). MFC is the #1 Fannie Mae Affordable Lender and historically a top 5 Government Sponsor Entity (GSE) Lender. CLI offers a wide range of public welfare financing products, and significantly contributes to the meeting the needs of our communities through Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) activities. As part of the Commercial Real Estate aligned business control team, this role will focus on direct support of the Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) and other risk program initiatives for these organizations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support reporting, timelines and routines for all RCSA related risk programs impacting Commercial Real Estate coverage areas.
- Support RCSA workshops and related efforts to collect, document and assess business risk and controls across the CRE business units.
- Ensure maintenance of the RCSA profile including regulations, risks, controls and other RCSA meta-data.
- Coordinate with business and support partners for creation of Self-Disclosed issues in Issues Management system of record and assessment of issue applicability among the CRE business units.
- Support of the inventory of business processes, internal testing, audit, regulatory engagements outputs and the integration with RCSA, as applicable.
- Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk and control issues across all risk types
- Follow issue management protocols by documenting and assessing control weaknesses and operational risk incidents using methods such as root cause analysis
- Consult with business to develop corrective action plans, oversee implementation and conduct sustainability testing in accordance with governing methodologies
- Consult with business process owners to develop corrective action plans and control redesign. Oversee implementation progress and conduct control evaluation efforts as required
- Support projects and issues spanning multiple CRE business units, coordinating with the business and internal support partners while monitoring progress to ensure work remains on track to meet deliverable dates
- Establish and update recurring and timely reports on risks, initiatives, and deliverables for communication with business leaders and risk partners
- Identify Evidence Based Control Evaluation needs and collaborate with the business and EBCE team to develop and implement
- Support the LOB RCSA Affirmation process and related feeder/governance meetings
- Develop business cases to influence process owners, control owners, business sponsors, and key risk partners on the need for additional or improved controls to mitigate risk; Work with the business and support teams to provide operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and platform initiatives, taking into account impacts to risk & control framework
- Monitor and evaluate emerging risks, operational trends, and external events for potential impact to the control environment in context of RCSA
- Ensure appropriate connectivity, linkage, and integration with in-region international risk management teams accountable for LOB activities performed by WFI partners
- Collaborate with, guide, and counsel LOB partners on matters relating to the identification, formulation, and implementation of policies and procedures to mitigate risks
- 4+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Extensive knowledge of Target State RCSA, process, purpose, scope, the RAU Owners roles and responsibilities roles, accountabilities and deliverables
- Strong knowledge of products, services, applicable regulations and policies, business processes, systems and customers in Commercial Real Estate
- Experience in large and complex banking institutions, risk management leadership experience in multi-jurisdictional global financial institution
- Direct experience in operational risk reporting and escalation programs
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) concepts and policies across risk types (regulatory, financial crimes, credit, operational, etc.)
Job Posting Locations:
550 S Tryon., Charlotte, NC
100 N 18th St PHILADELPHIA, PA
600 S. 4th St., Minneapolis, MN
30 Hudson Yards., New York, NY
2710 Pine Street., E Building, St Louis, MO
1445 Ross Avenue, Dallas, TX
- Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an approved accommodation to be exempt from being fully vaccinated. Currently, this position falls under the scope of this mandate.
- NYC Comp range $108,00 - $179,200 Annual
- Expected to be in the office 3 days a week
Pay Range$84,000.00 - $149,400.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.