About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- 5+ years of experience in ETL or Talend or PySparkComponents (database, file, API, etc.), Context management, Deployment, Performance Tuning and Administration (setting up projects, using admin-console to configure jobs, etc.) to help build end to end ETL connection from client sources, staging data lake to solution DB/server
- 3+ years of strong working knowledge on Database: Object Oriented & Relational DB. Strong experience on SQL, PL/SQ and DB query languages and tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with Hadoop Ecosystem and Big data technologies like HDFS, Object Store, Hortonwork, Hive, Kafka, & Spark.
- Candidate should have good knowledge of Linux and have ETL development, deployment and optimization experience using standard big data tools.
- Autosys knowledge
- Experience working Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- Experience delivering and supporting a technology platform and operating with in a product driven organization
- Experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions e.g. Google Cloud Platform tools
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Hybrid Position - 10% travel expectation
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.