About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accountant with a strong understanding of the local Shanghai regulatory reporting requirements including the requirements of EAST reporting.
In this role, you will:
- Provide guidance on EAST reporting requirements and the applicability of these requirements to the business in Shanghai business
- Identify the data requirements needed for reporting, and work with the business and technology teams to identify suitable data sources to meet these requirements in an automated manner.
- Identify data gaps and defects, escalate and manage the resolution of these defects.
- Partner with the business to draft business requirements to enable EAST reporting delivery
- Work with the external vendor (Riking) to oversee the design and delivery of the Riking tool for EAST reporting
- Support UAT and documentation activities
- Provide overall project management support
- Experience working with Shanghai regulatory reports in a banking environment
- Experience working or implementing Riking as a regulatory reporting tool
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong communication skills, fluency in Chinese and English
- A self-starter with excellent time and project management skills that can identify, plan, prioritize and deliver various workstreams against deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently and to identify and resolve issues by exercising professional judgement
- Attention to detail
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.