About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Finance Analyst...
The successful candidate will join the APAC Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team operating out of Chennai. The candidate will collaborate with Markets Trading and Sales, Banking, and regional business teams as well as with finance colleagues across international to deliver on the firm’s strategic priorities, lead business analysis, forecasting and planning, inform decision-making and communicate effectively with key stakeholders, including global teams across Finance. The candidate will be required to build out a range of reports to help the business manage and monitor revenues and cost to Forecasts and identify productivity & efficiency opportunities. The role will also require collaboration with the Central FP&A team on actuals, forecast and detailed variance analysis to help with consolidation into the APAC regional financials.
- Provide support to APAC Markets and Banking LOB including analysis over intercompany cost allocations
- Support APAC Markets and Banking Business Leaders on ad-hoc requests, key regional deliverables, new initiatives, and projects
- Markets reporting from Qlikview, Essbase and Management ledger.
- Understand, manage and simplify complex regional management reporting including Monthly Management reporting, weekly and daily revenue reports. Enhance sales credit reporting e.g. to include customer segmentation to improve reporting quality.
- Enhance Direct Cost Reporting and Forecasting to drive cost efficiency
- Provide detailed variance analysis to actuals and prior forecast
- Develop processes and infrastructure controls to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant Wells Fargo's policies and procedures. This includes representing Finance teams in various projects, activities and forums
- Complete monthly APAC management hierarchy reviews and communicate update (if any) to Central FP&A team including identification of new cost centres and changes in structure
- Ensure all models & EUCT are identified and documentation complete including identification of key controls to mitigate risk of errors
- B Com/CA/CMA with 5-10 years of management reporting experience
- Exposure to Financial Services products and Desks e.g., Fx and Rates trading, Loans and Deposits
- Progressive track record of management reporting experience with familiarity of running and or working in a geographical diverse team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to give presentations and briefings
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyse business transactions and identify key Finance risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and maintain high energy levels
- Must be able to work independently with positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop your accounting/finance skills
- High energy and passion for quality work and continuous improvement
- Relationship building skills
- High attention to detail
- Hyperion (Essbase) skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Team player
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.