At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
The Global Treasury Management (GTM) Services Control team is responsible for partnering with the business to identify, assess, manage, and mitigate current and emerging risk exposures associated with their processes. Leveraging robust risk management acumen, we support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes and controls that mitigate/manage risks to an acceptable level while also caring for the customer experience.
The ideal candidate must be able to proactively engage with business process owners and stakeholders to understand risks associated with various business processes and strategic initiatives, to evaluate effectiveness of controls, and to engage in designing/developing/augmenting business controls, while keeping commercial and corporate customers and their associated service and relationship teams at the center of focus. To be effective, you must demonstrate the ability to build solid relationships with key business partners, communicate skillfully, and provide informed feedback to partners and management in a compelling manner.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures through Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) activities;
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls;
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk;
- Collaborate with relevant business group to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations;
- Review, consult, and collaborate on process and technology changes;
- Perform issue management and monitor corrective action activities;
- Assess operational risk events (OREs) by performing research to determine root cause; and
- Review policy changes, perform a gap analysis, and develop remediation plans
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2-4 years’ experience in treasury management areas such as customer service, implementation, business execution/initiation consulting, product support, training or operational positions;
- A thorough understanding of enterprise risk management framework including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance;
- Working knowledge/experience in Wells Fargo Issue Management;
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) experience;
- Operational Risk Event (ORE) experience;
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships; and
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end risk management solutions and controls aligned with group’s processes.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- 301 S Tryon St, Charlotte, NC
- 600 S 4th St Minneapolis, MN
- 1150 W. Washington St. Tempe, AZ
- 2700 S Price Rd Chandler, AZ
- 333 Market, 333 Market St, San Francisco, CA
- 1655 Grant St, Concord, CA
- 299 S Main St Salt Lake City, UT
- 801 Walnut St, Des Moines, IA
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.