About this role:
This position joins a high functioning, high profile team and requires the presence and professional demeanor necessary to interact effectively with team members across RMG, Lines of Business (LOB), model governance, and oversight, validation, and audit organizations. This role will also utilize strong documentation capabilities that will effectively convey complex models and processes. This position will use strong programming (SAS, Python, or R) and data analysis skills to understand complex loss forecasting and PPNR models. This role is highly dynamic and will require critical thinking, strong attention to detail and both an analytical and tactical approach to problem solving.
This will utilize experience in predictive modeling and data analysis to lead the development strategy for deposit balance forecasting, fees & expense, operational risk, liquidity risk, and financial crimes models . This position will be part of Risk Modeling – Deposits, Compliance & Operational Risk Modeling group and will be responsible for driving the development of balance, yield, liquidity, operational and loss forecasting models; developing and conforming Corporate Risk policies and meeting the needs of line of business model owners.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage model development strategy for balance forecasting of deposits, forecasting of fee income and expense.
- Communicate design and results of complex models to a variety of audiences, including senior management, bank supervisors, Model Governance, Internal Audit and LOB end users. Coordinate with business partners, including production teams, and end users to ensure accurate model usage and implementation
- Adhere to model validation governance to ensure models are in compliance with policy and are working as intended, address model validation and regulatory feedback issues.
- Managing in a detail oriented, results driven, quickly changing, and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
Required Qualifications, US:
Required Qualifications, International:
- Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Statistics/Economics
- 8+ years of experience Risk Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of leading a model development along with mentoring and coaching
- 5+ years of experience in credit risk modeling and analytics
- 5+ years of advanced programming expertise in SAS or Python or R
- Strong documentation capabilities
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Perform various complex activities related to predictive modeling.
- Provide analytical support for development, remediation, and monitoring of Deposit & PPNR, Operational, Liquidity Risk, Financial Crimes models
- Support development, implementation, execution and monitoring of Regulatory models such as Basel, CECL, and CCAR models
- Develop dynamic dashboards; analyze key risk parameters to help understand changes in business and model performance
- Identify opportunities and deliver process improvements, standardization, rationalization and automations. Enhance and standardize performance analysis, reporting packages and business loss forecast processes
- Maintain documentation for development, implementation and monitoring of processes across the team with focus on standardization of controls
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.