About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Information Security Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Lead computer security incident response activities for highly complex events
- Conduct technical investigation of security related incidents and post incident digital forensics to identify causes and recommend future mitigation strategies
- Provide security consulting on large projects for internal clients to ensure conformity with corporate information, security policy, and standards
- Design, document, test, maintain, and provide issue resolution recommendations for highly complex security solutions related to networking, cryptography, cloud, authentication and directory services, email, internet, applications, and endpoint security
- Review and correlate security logs
- Utilize subject matter knowledge in industry leading security solutions and best practices to implement one or more components of information security such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification, modeling, monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity
- Identify security vulnerabilities and issues, perform risk assessments, and evaluate remediation alternatives
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead a team to achieve objectives
Required Qualifications, US:
4+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
5+ Process Automation application development using Python
Knowledge and understanding of network security and network protocols
Experience with IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Experience with network discovery and endpoint scanning tools (i.e. Lumeta, SolarWinds, nmap)
- Knowledge of security concepts, OS architecture, and networking
- Comfortable working within CLI-only Unix/Linux environments
- Intermediate Database and SQL experience
- Experience working with third party vendors to resolve performance and technical issues.
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Information Security Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of Information Security practices and policies
Proficient with Python and KSH/BASH scripting languages
Experience with building, maintaining, or mapping TCP/IP networks
Experience with SNMP, EGP/IGP routing protocols (i.e. BGP and OSPF), router and firewall configuration
Experience with Flask or similar web frameworks and Bootstrap is a plus
Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
Positive outlook, and curious self-starting personality
Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Work within a team construct
Complete assigned work within agreed time constraints
Lead team and software direction
Communicate with Vendor and customer leadership and engineering departments
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.