About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Teller in Consumer and Small Business Banking, as part of Branch Banking. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role, you will:
- Support customer engagement by processing teller transactions, sharing digital solutions, and making appropriate introductions to bankers
- Complete operational activities while minimizing risks under established policies
- Perform routine transactional, operational, and customer support tasks efficiently through knowledge of bank procedures and products, as well as partners across the organization
- Receive direction from managers and exercise judgment within defined policies and procedures
- Escalate questions and issues to more experienced roles
- Interact with customers and individuals to demonstrate care, build relationships, and complete requested transactions
- Identify information and services to meet customers financial needs
- 1+ year of experience interacting with customers, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bilingual speaking and listening proficiency in Spanish/English
- 1+ year of experience interacting with people, demonstrated through work, military, or education (remove if not needed)
- Military experience (transitioning military service member, reserve military service member or a veteran) and currently enrolled in a college or university program (remove if not needed)
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Ability to educate and connect customers to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members
- Experience working with others on a team to meet customer needs
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss
- Well-organized, independent and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise judgment, raise questions to management, and adhere to policy guidelines
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.