At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo is seeking an Optical Network Engineer, in technology as part of the Technical Infrastructure Team. The Optical Network Engineer will be a Subject Matter Expert on optical platforms and will help set direction on network strategy through partnerships with all technology organizations. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the review, resolution and implementation for the most complex technical issues and initiatives related to large scale network applications, data systems, voice and other technical products and services.
- Use and create diagnostic, simulation and other tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to systems.
- Evaluate or review queries to extract data, create standard procedures, or perform limited programming to fine tune systems supported.
- Research performance trends and recommend process improvements.
- Perform complex migrations from development to production, upgrades, installations and configurations
- Make decisions in security and regulatory policies to design and implement foolproof secured network solutions.
- Assess changes for risk to production systems and assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas.
- Identify gaps in current technology processes and recommend changes to assure Service Level Agreements can be supported.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- 5+ years of Network Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 5+ Years' experience and demonstrated knowledge of colocations and/or third-party data centers.
- 7+ Years' experience with a broad understanding of optical theory, transport technologies and the operation of optical transport systems. (including OTN, DWDM, ROADM)
- 7+ Years' experience maintaining and troubleshooting OTN/DWDM/ROADM/Ethernet Transport environments.
- 1+ years in a leadership position such as team lead or management.
- Extensive knowledge of fiber optics types, characteristics, and deployment for telecom systems.
- Optical System designs including hardware capabilities, amplification sites and operationalizing high-capacity transport systems.
- Broad understanding on transport platform management and alarming including, CLI and Element Management System use.
- Subject matter expert level in Layer 1 protocols and transport platforms.
- Experience with light meters, OTDR, Dispersion, OSA, BERT, RFC/EtherSAM testing equipment such as EXFO.
- Solid understanding of Network Management solutions and tools: NetFlow, Device Security.
- Configuration, IP SLA, network security protocols (IP Sec, DMVPNs, MacSec), NetQoS, InfoVista, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Carrier MPLS and switched Ethernet.
- Familiar with working in an Agile environment.
- Certifications such as Ciena OCA/P/C, MEF Certifications, CCNA/CCNP a plus.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to wide audience.
- Work Schedule Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Work Schedule Ability to work on call as assigned.
- 2600 S Price Rd. - Chandler, AZ 85286
- 1525 W W T Harris Blvd. - Charlotte, NC 28262
- 325 John H McConnell Blvd Columbus, OH 43215
- 1100 Corporate Center Dr. - Raleigh, NC 27607
The Lead Network Engineer will interface with a wide scope of groups both internal and external to Wells Fargo.
Internally, this role will partner on network aggregation & optical projects/issues at all technical (architecture and
network services), operational (NMC level 4 support), and at managerial levels as needed. The position will be a
Subject Matter Expert on optical platforms and will help set direction on network strategy through partnerships
with all technology organizations. Externally, this role will partner with a wide range of carrier service providers
and hardware manufactures acting as the subject matter expert representing Wells Fargo. The interaction will be
in-depth technical in nature, engaging with senior engineers, architects, and management with these companies.
They will assess and make recommendations on products and services required by Wells Fargo.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.