About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Capital Markets Document Negotiator who will cover jobs responsible for the preparation, negotiation, and tracking of various trading and derivative related legal agreements.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare, negotiate and track various trading and financing agreements such as the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Master Agreement, the Master Repurchase Agreement, the Global Master Repurchase Agreement, the Master Securities Forward Trading Agreement and the Cleared Derivatives Execution Agreement with institutional counterparties such as dealers, insurance companies, banks, hedge funds and investment managers
- Work on various projects, including regulatory implementation, amending and updating templates, processes and systems
- Interpret policy when working with legal, credit and the relevant business
- Identify and mitigate business and legal risks within compliance requirements
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement
- Interpret policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- 2+ years of Capital Markets Document Negotiation experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A solid understanding of ISDAs, MRAs, GMRAs, MSFTAs and CDEAs with an interest in other trading documentation
- Existing negotiation relationships with significant counterparties and understanding of the related documentation issues
- Experience reviewing and affirming counterparty organizational documentation and jurisdictional guidelines to ensure legal contract enforcement, collateral offset and that close out netting capabilities are maximized
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy, particularly as they relate to ongoing regulatory initiatives
- Negotiator must demonstrate understanding of, and adherence to, relevant compliance, credit, legal, regulatory, operational and business policies and procedures and be able to explain and articulate documentation issues concisely and clearly to internal stakeholders with the ability to think through solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience such as customers and senior management
- Ability to practice a high degree of organization so that multiple negotiations can be prioritized and managed
- **Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. At this time, this position falls under the scope of this mandate. **
- Base salary in NY for this role is $100,800-$179,200
Pay Range$100,800.00 - $179,200.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.