About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Systems Operations Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in complex technical issues and initiatives related to large scale applications, systems, databases, or other technical products and services
- Identify opportunity for process improvements within technical support strategies and plans
- Review and analyze technical queries to extract data, create standard databases, or perform limited programming to fine tune systems supporting low to medium risk technical deliverables
- Present recommendations for resolving complex technical queries
- Exercise some independent judgment to analyze performance trends and recommend process improvements while developing understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Work as an internal consultant regarding use of tools and processes
- Provide information related to supported system area to functional colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders, including internal customers
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Systems Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Systems Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- University degree (B.E. / B.Tech) in Technology.
- Hands on experience of 8+ years in Mainframe Technologies
- Experience and knowledge on SRE, Service Management and ITIL process
- Solid understanding of Mainframe technologies - COBOL, DB2, CICS, Stored Procedure and JCL
- Prior experience of SRE framework , toil reduction, Building SLO’s and SLA’s
- Exposure to Platform and Agile Framework
- Strong communication and Ownership
- Flexibility of work
- Banking domain exposure primarily in Wholesale banking
- Developers with solid understanding of SRE practices will be added advantage
- Prior experience in Application failover and BCP planning
- Self-starter with good verbal and communication skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.