At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer, as part of the Consumer Technology team. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
This position will cover jobs responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of general modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large-scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2 + years of Java experience
- 2 + years of Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA) experience
- 2 + years of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 2 + years of Agile experience
- 2 + years of microservices development experience
- 2 + years of experience building cloud-ready enterprise solutions in one or a combination of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- 2 + years of experience with Spring, Spring Batch, and Spring Boot
- 2 + years of MongoDB experience or another NoSQL Database
- 2 + years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- 2 + years of experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Enterprise
- 2 + years of Consumer Lending experience
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- 800 S. Jordan Creek Pkwy. West Des Moines, IA 50266
- 2700 S. Price Rd. Chandler, AZ 85286
- 5080 Spectrum Dr. Addison, TX 75001
- 4101 Wiseman Blvd Bldg. 104. San Antonio, TX 78251
IA-Des Moines Pay Range: $111,100 – 197,500 Annually
AZ-Chandler Pay Range: $111,100 – 197,500 Annually
TX-Addison Pay Range: $111,100 – 197,500 Annually
TX-San Antonio Pay Range: $111,100 – 197,500 Annually
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.