A member of Distribution Finance APAC Technology Portfolio Management and Underwriting (PMU) team, this is a key role in the Underwriting & portfolio management process within the DF APAC ensuring transactions are appropriately approved in adherence to risk appetite, policies and documented with appropriate governance. Core primary responsibilities are as follows:
Large Value Technology Deal Underwriting & Portfolio Management
- Responsible for underwriting and performing periodic reviews and in life portfolio risk management of a portfolio of high value transactions
- Structure deals and document to required levels befitting the size and nature of the risk exposure, clear documentation of the assessment of the Company, transaction overview and key risks and mitigants supported by quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Frequent customer visits/contacts and interactions to gain insights of any internal changes that would impact the credit profiles and to be the resident expert on the assigned large value technology transaction portfolio.
- Working closely with Commercial for any change requests on large value technology transactions.
- Oversight responsibility for all “Deal Closing” procedures incl. legal & regulatory filings, meeting & tracking conditions.
Credit Approval Activity
- Responsible for presenting Annual Reviews, New Business Opportunities, Material Change Requests, Rating Changes, Watch List reviews and Quarterly and ad-hoc portfolio updates to APAC Tech PMU Head and Senior Credit Executives outside of China.
- Setting & maintaining a high standard of preparation & presentation of formal credit approval requests (“DRM”) as well as manage & administer the overall deal approval process.
- Ensure key risks are understood and documented, adherence and compliance to policies and appropriate analysis of financial and collateral data as well as qualitative information to support the transaction.
- Ensure transactions are underwritten and structured in accord with risk appetite, including aggregation risks of individual names, country risk exposure and counter party risk exposure.
- Ensure new credit/credit amendment /periodic review transactions are submitted in a timely manner to allow adequate analysis and discussion, ensure appropriate visibility and monitoring of due dates of review. Create and own pipeline to monitor and oversee activity on large value deal activity.
Managing the investor/participation risks associated to the Large Value Tech transactions
- Work closely with Capital Markets team to ensure pre and post-closing risk participations are properly assessed and executed.
- Reviewing Risk Participation Agreements to ensure the approved terms and conditions are properly documented.
- Support Capital markets team on assessing and managing participant bank risks.
- Min. 10+ years of related credit function experiences gained from financial institutions. Prefer work experiences and formal credit training at reputable banks and financial institutions in OECD countries.
- Experienced Individual within a secured Asset Finance and financial services business. CDF experience preferred but not prerequisite.
- Track record of managing, reviewing and approving large value transactions in accordance with risk appetite and policies.
- Ability to pitch large complex transactions to senior stakeholders cross LOB and wider Wells Fargo Organization.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong personality with ability to work both independently or through building strong partnerships, cross functionally specifically working with Commercial, Risk, Capital Markets and Operations - break down silos, create one team solution.
- Highly organized and evidences good project management skills.
- Ability to think clearly while under pressure, using strong negotiating and influencing skills in order to deliver responsibilities of the roles across teams with competing priorities.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business. Other Desirables: MBA Graduate, CFA and/or CPA holder.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in both English and Chinese. In addition, Japanese language skill is preferred but not required.
Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in both English and Chinese are required. In addition, Japanese language skill is preferred but not required.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.