About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Junior Scheduling Analyst to join the Natural Gas trading desk in the Houston, TX office. This role sits within the Commodities front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. The Commodities team assists Wells Fargo clients to manage exposures to energy, metals, and agriculture products through the structuring of hedging strategies and commodity linked finance. Wells Fargo’s integrated sales team provides best in-class commodity risk management products, execution, and customer service for the bank’s Energy Banking franchise.
The ideal candidate will be hardworking, possess strong communication and quantitative skills, thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment, and exhibit a deep desire to learn.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in profit and loss generation, profit and loss attribution and trade capture
- Identify opportunities to resolve complex confirmation and related trade issues
- Manage pipeline nominations on the respective EBBs
- Maintain volumes, deals, rates, and scheduling in Endur
- Work with traders to inform them of upcoming constraints and issues that may impact nominations
- Provide information to the traders and the Capital Markets Middle Office
- Schedule natural gas, accurately and timely, on pipeline Electronic Bulletin Boards (EBB’s)
- Monitor and effectively communicating pipeline operational information postings externally and internally
- Resolve volumetric discrepancies via EBB’s
- Manage pipeline imbalances and optimizing pipeline capacities
- Enter and manage nomination data in the Commodities System of Record
- Maintain pipeline tariff rate charges
- Act as liaison with settlements team on pipeline and storage invoice reconciliation
- Rapid learn the natural gas pipeline operations and use that knowledge to benefit profit and loss for the trading group
- 2+ years of Capital Markets industry experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A degree from a Four-Year Accredited College or University, preferably business
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technical areas including new and existing software
Houston - $55,380 - $98,300
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.