About this role: Managers: Shanna Francois, David Agresto, Marc Jackson, Korey Pearson
- Wells Fargo is seeking Six Lead Independent Testing Officers to support testing and validation of emerging risks owned by the front line across all lines of business at Wells Fargo. The Independent Testing and Validation (IT&V) team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
The IT&V Lead Independent Testing Officers will support the IT&V Emerging Risk team in testing emerging risk topics across Wells Fargo group and businesses. This position will lead and oversee testing engagements to provide an independent assessment of the appropriateness, completeness, and effectiveness of controls and processes implemented by business management for the purposes of reducing operational and compliance risk. The position is responsible for the timely delivery of review activities while meeting IT&V quality standards.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex emerging risk reviews in areas of critical and/or high risk across the enterprise, including providing rapid, real-time responses to key stakeholders
- Develop and design methodologies and standards for review activities across the enterprise in alignment with the risk management framework
- Review and research complex development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities companywide in alignment with the risk management framework
- Ensure effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks and controls while meeting IT&V quality standards
- Lead project teams and mentor individuals
- Collaborate and consult with Independent Risk Management, Audit, Legal, external agencies, and regulatory bodies to resolve risk related topics
- Communicate emerging risks with broad impact and act as key participant in large scale planning for IT&V Emerging Risk team
- Make decisions in complex situations requiring solid understanding of risk management framework and the risk and control environment that influence and lead enterprise testing to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Communicate testing plan, status, and results of emerging risk engagements
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Independent Testing experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- One or more of the following certifications is desired:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products, and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Experience supporting SOX/COSO, Regulatory Exams (Domestic and International), Audits, or other control related assessments.
- Minimum one year at Big Four and super regional public accounting firm with experience in business process, regulatory, or audit and or business process, regulatory, or Sox advisory & consulting service.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements in financial industry
- Specialized knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or review experience
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy and an ability to credibly challenge the status quo.
- Strong ability to research, trend, and analyze data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with various levels of management including senior executive level leaders
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with lines of business and technology. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Demonstrated success with influencing business units to identify, formulate and implement processes/procedures to mitigate r
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to adapt and rapidly adjust to changes in the environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.