About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Product, Analytics and Modeling (PAM). EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website
Product, Analytics and Modeling (PAM) brings a team member-based approach to the international talent pool focusing on analytical requirements. PAM encompasses roles that deliver meaningful insights, analysis and reporting based on skills, experience and judgment to support the Enterprise Analytics and Data Science (EADS) organization operate successfully today, and continue on the right trajectory to operate successfully in the future.
About the Role
Analytics Consultant 2 is a business partner facing role and is responsible for providing reporting and analytic solutions that provide actionable insights to the line of business partners.
EADS is the central analytics group tasked with solving high-impact business challenges and standing up cutting-edge analytical capabilities to be shared across Wells Fargo’s analytic community.
We are looking for a high performer to join our team and help us solve challenging and interesting business problems through rigorous data analysis and visualization. In this highly consultative and visible role, you will support business intelligence projects from multiple business lines using various technology and techniques ranging from but not limited to Python, SAS, Tableau, Power BI, Microstrategy and in multiple data environments (like Teradata, Aster, Oracle etc.)
- The Analytics Consultant 2 will serve as a resource for developing and delivering high performing reporting solutions and data analysis/deep-dives using tools such as Python/SQL.
- Responsible for performing ad-hoc analysis, reporting, and projects to deep-dive on issues or senior management requests.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are a must, as the end stakeholders are often the top leadership at the bank.
- Develop understanding of relevant data sources and build trend analysis using statistical and/or financial analysis, process documentation, profitability analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.;
- Ability to leverage data visualization tools and alternative front-end solutions to delivering data, would be a plus.
- Work closely with Technology Partners to generate new reports or modify current work products to optimize capabilities and improve efficiency
- Follow all quality assurance processes, including periodic reviews and transitions and ensures the end product fulfills the project objectives
- Engage with US partners directly for development and implementation of all projects
- Conduct exploratory data analysis, and proactively seek opportunities to increase the value of analysis
- 4+ (Overall Experience) years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling (SQL, Python, Tableau); or a Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 3+ years of SQL and Python programming experience
- Tableau experience a plus
- Data analysis
- Provide exploratory data analysis using SQL, Python
- Experience in data manipulation using numpy, Pandas and other python libraries.
- Experience with Databases like Oracle , Teradata, Sql server
- Strong understanding of relational databases, data quality and exposure to multiple RDBMS source.
- Designing and implementing enterprise data and reporting architectures
- Advanced Excel skills
- Data integration and clean up/preparation of data
- Experience with structured data and semi-structured text or Excel files
- Experience in visualization tools such as Tableau/Power BI is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Strong collaboration skills
- High energy & strong communication skills (presentation and narrative skills)
- Ability to translate analytical data into useful business information
- Self-driven and passionate about continuous learning
- Critical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to learn the business aspects quickly
- Knowledge of functional area such as risk, marketing, operations or supply chain in banking industry would be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.