About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accounting Associate to support Fixed Assets and Construction Project Accounting processes. This role reviews accounting transactions related to construction projects, records the fixed assets, performs various fixed asset maintenance, and other general accounting functions.
Activities include but not limited to analyzing fixed assets in process costs, applying relevant policy and procedures, creating journal entries, and providing customer service to project managers; all with a high
level of accuracy.
In this role, you will:
- Review large, more complex construction projects to determine capital vs. expense accounting treatment
- Prepare cost segregation of fixed asset costs for tax reporting
- Review multiple invoices and other supporting documentation to determine appropriate Fixed Asset categories
- Create and process Fixed Asset transactions in SAP and PeopleSoft systems
- Research and validate general ledger coding and building entity location details
- Review system generated depreciation of Fixed Assets, and process depreciation accruals when warranted
- Prepare periodic Fixed Asset reports for Tax, Audit, and other ad hoc requests
- Perform international project review and foreign currency exchange clearing
- Monitor deadlines and cutoffs for issue avoidance
- 5+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of thefollowing: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Fixed Asset Accounting and Tax experience
- 2+ years of experience creating pivot tables and performing data analysis in Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP and PeopleSoft
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.