About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Strategy & Planning Consultant in its Climate Change team!
This role is for the Wells Fargo Climate Program and part of the Enterprise Analytics team. Involves in depth conversations with climate related workstreams across the bank to identify and assist with their analytic needs.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives with broad impact and act as key participant in large scale planning for climate initiatives
- Provide principal level strategic consulting services to climate related workstreams
- Review and analyze complex larger-scale or longer-term challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Identify strategic business investments and alliance opportunities
- Make decisions in complex situations that influence and lead the broader work team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff
- Evaluate and approve process of identified opportunities
- Collaborate strategically and consult with all levels to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Partner with executive management across Wells Fargo to define the business strategy and create then execute corresponding business plans and initiative
- Communicative strategy and related business plans to management
- Lead and deliver complex climate initiatives through collaboration with climate workstream partners, the artificial intelligence center of excellence, technology teams and others
- Build, test Python and SQL code as part of the model delivery team
- Plan and prioritize multiple efforts across all climate workstreams
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Strategy and Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Analytics and Reporting, Financial Modeling, Statistics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years experience in Python
- 3+ years experience in SQL
- Advanced experience in Excel
- Experience in climate analytics
- Experience in ESG
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.