About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Counsel in Legal as part of the Enterprise Functions group supporting Wells Fargo Enterprise Change Management, Strategy, Digital & Innovation, and Technology. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.
In this role, you will:
- Provide effective and strategic legal and regulatory advice related to change management and Agile processes for the enterprise change management, digital, innovation, and technology organizations and related businesses and functions.
- Work with and advise business and operations leaders, risk and compliance professionals on compliance with U.S. federal, state, and international laws and regulations related to change management lifecycle, software development lifecycle, new business initiatives and Agile processes.
- Provide U.S. and non-U.S. technology subject-matter expertise in the review of third-party technology-related contracts
- Analyze U.S. and international laws, regulations, and corporate policies and standards
- Gather information in a fast-paced business environment, understanding business needs and goals, detecting legal issues and obstacles, identifying legal solutions and alternatives, and succinctly and competently counseling and communicating with internal clients regarding legal risks, solutions, and alternatives
- Provide direction, guidance, training and resources to junior attorneys, paralegals and/or applicable/relevant support staff.
- 5+ years of law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar Membership
- Prior in-house experience at a large financial firm, large technology company, or experience at a bank regulatory agency is preferred, but law firm experience also will be given consideration
- Knowledge of FFIEC IT handbooks, OCC risk management guidance on new, modified or expanded products and services, and other regulatory risk management guidance related to oversight of third-party technology service providers and consultants, privacy, big data, information security and operational resiliency laws.
- Prior experience in effective engagement and advice with digital, technology, and operation leaders, senior management, risk, compliance and audit professionals, and external regulators.
- Prior experience providing legal support or representation to clients in the banking and technology industry, addressing issues such as product development, software licensing, software maintenance and support, Agile, regulatory compliance, or in the acquisition, deployment, and use of technology, IP, or big data
- Demonstrated curiosity and willingness to research and understand new topic areas
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work at one of our approved job posting locations
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule, in office at least 3 days a week
- Los Angeles, CA
- Charlotte, NC
- Minneapolis, MN
- San Francisco, CA
- Des Moines, IA
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.