About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Associate Personal Banker (SAFE) for Branch Banking as part of the Consumer and Small Business Banking division. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Participate in delivery of exceptional customer experience by building relationships through proactive outreach as well as proposing appropriate products, services, and digital solutions to help customers succeed financially
- Assist customers with basic requests related to opening new accounts, completing service requests, and submitting credit applications
- Receive direction from managers and exercise judgement within defined policies and procedures
- Develop understanding of bank products and services to connect to customers' needs
- Interact with customers to demonstrate care and build relationships
- Provide appropriate options for bank products and services to customer
- Refer customers' financial needs to other bankers and partners as needed
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction
- As such, this position requires compliance with the SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations
- Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results
- Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 6+ months of Interacting with Customers experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, and/or education
- Bilingual speaking and listening proficiency in Spanish/English
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Experience proactively engaging with customers through outreach via phone or email
- Ability to educate and connect customer to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to help customers succeed financially by offering introductions to additional team members as appropriate
- Experience working with others on a team to meet customer needs
- Experience fostering and developing strong customer relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal partners
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
Location: 480 CENTRAL AVENUE - EAST ORANGE – NJ
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.