About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
Wells Fargo International Solutions - India & Philippines (I&P) partners with the enterprise business groups and functions to identify, prioritize, and execute their global delivery programs, in accordance with risk and policy guidelines. I&P operates Global Capability Centers (GCCs) in India (Chennai, Hyderabad and Bengaluru) and the Philippines (Manila), and also delivers services in conjunction with third-party vendors, with whom it manages relationships on behalf of the enterprise.
I&P provides global delivery capabilities, talent at scale and innovative solutions for Wells Fargo's business groups and functions to drive efficiency, effectiveness and stakeholder experience, across technology, operations, analytics and other functions.
I&P's value includes its cost advantages and in providing access to a diverse resource pool and brings together all pan functions to operate as one single organization / unit with a view to provide full / E2E client onboarding & client service support covering the entire client lifecycle for all product areas within the organization, across all key geographies and client segments.
Enterprise Payments Operations is an Enterprise-wide function within the Enterprise Operations and undertakes Payments activities across the enterprise supporting all lines business especially Commercial Banking (CB) and Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) and Consumer and Small Business banking businesses across the entire client life cycle. The function brings together all payment related functions - Wires, Investigations, ACH, Real Time payments, Lockbox functions, Payment Command Center, Swift room management and testing. The Enterprise payments with in I&P sits under the CB/CIB business vertical and undertakes variety of operations names – wires processing, sanction screening, payment investigation and repair, ACH, payment testing and production support and lockbox. The operations covers all stages of payment lifecycle supporting various line of business.
In I&P, there is a significant focus on delivery on the Transformation BoW and delivering the required business outcomes on a global basis in Payments & Investigations working with upstream and downstream teams in entire payment life cycle. This is a new role with in this payments & investigations space created to support the EWI, payments & UAT Transformation agenda over next 2-3 years, align build of the Change organization to support Transformation BoW and ensure team is fully integrated into the Transformation operating model.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing complex projects and programmes, from a cost, capability and delivery perspective. The role holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the deliverables, ensuring the timely mobilization, management of supply to demand in line with the requirements and priorities articulated by the Business.
- To lead and drive key engagements within Payment Operations & Investigations.
- To establish governance around process standardization, report progress and track variance from standard process design
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of management reports on key initiatives and projects that are being undertaken by actively engaging senior stakeholders.
- Chair Steering committee / working group meetings, from time to time as the case may be.
- Provide consulting / project management expertise across initiatives globally.
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimizes the plan to maximize benefits and minimize risk.
- Actively manages and co-ordinates the project plan/roadmap, handling changes as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
- Baselines the plan requirements, designs, budget and scope during Programme Definition. Manages changes through the change control process. Challenges and intervenes where there is scope creep, budget overrun and plan slippage.
- Proactively determine, analyze and identify process performance metrics, measurements and dictates improvement plans to track and drive on time delivery and adherence to budget.
- Influence and collaborates with stakeholders and business partners, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes. Fosters open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations.
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder buy-in for programme plans, commitments and changes
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder sign-off for key deliverables and tollgates
- Anticipates and identifies existing or emerging risks/issues. Oversees the tracking of strategic programme risks / issues / dependencies, assesses the impact on the benefit realization for the programme and takes action to minimize impact
- Defines and articulates to stakeholders the targeted benefits and owns responsibility for benefits management throughout the programme life-cycle
- Plans and manages the implementation of the change, to ensure business benefits are realize and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth. Ensuring that the organization and other change audiences are ready, willing and able to function in the new business environment
- Works closely with delivery partners to shape the programme, ensuring there are clear goals, benefits, scope, governance and delivery structure with planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery and business partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes
Skill-set expectations from the role
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach, to deliver projects / deliverables as per timelines and with minimum conflict
- Engage with stakeholders, analyze stakeholder goals and effectively manage their expectations, addressing any misalignment and ensure timely / effective resolution of escalated issues
- Maintain contact with relevant parties to identify and communicate status, progress, risks and issues
- Job holder is expected to co-ordinate with various functions for projects and deliverables
- Develop and manage strong business relationships with other Transformation leads and Business Analysts, Training teams, Operations and other internal clients, including IT.
- Interact with internal clients to facilitate effective process change and ensure expectations are effectively managed
- Follow governance/ toll gates to ensure the right requirements are being signed off and built, with the outcomes fully understood
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and influence a large group of people, without a formal reporting relationship.
- Manage and coordinate with multiple stakeholders at various levels in the organization and get necessary decisions taken within desired timelines
- Act as an ambassador of EWI Payments & Investigations at all times.
- Work with transformation lead and wider project team to ensure the change initiatives, linked to the Transformation programme, are pushed through to completion.
- Work closely with virtual teams across locations, creating a strong culture of transparency and collaboration.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report concerns or observations in terms of control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational risk impact.
- Ensure all due diligence is performed to prevent adverse impact to processes, infrastructure and service timings
- Work closely with UAT and Training teams to ensure Operations readiness
- To implement the Group Compliance Policy by maintaining compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department
- Management and control of projects / deliverables to meet demanding timelines
- The role holder has to continuously be aware of Group and business strategy and vision
- Demonstrate a continual desire to implement “strategic” or “optimal” solutions and where possible, avoid workarounds or short term tactical solutions.
- Understand all changes in the wider context of the business lines/ areas supported and the programme has an impact on, including Regulatory and Global Standards projects.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and ensure that robust communication and escalation mechanisms are in place across the project portfolio.
- Structured and organized individual with strong business analysis skills and ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Strong organizing skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Effective leadership skills – to be able to lead and influence a large group of people, who will not have a formal reporting relationship with the individual
- Proven track record of project execution and delivery, and effective stakeholder management
- Excellent inter-personal skills and analytical skills
- Ability to operate well across cultures and in multi-cultural diverse work environments.
- Resourceful - ability to leverage resources globally available to achieve goals.
- Strong relationship management and programme / change / project management skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate with multiple stakeholders, and get necessary decisions taken within desired timelines
- Interact confidently and competently with all levels of the organization & deal with problems / issues in a mature and professional manner
- Thorough and methodical in approach
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong awareness of risk elements associated with payments.
- Quick to embrace and adopt Change, in a dynamically challenging environment
- A good team player
- Hyderabad, India - processes may require working US hours at time.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.