About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead GTM Banks Sales Consultant responsible for managing and developing payment business activities in Japan market. Partners with relationship managers to consult on complex specific payment solutions, coordinates RFP response and proposal generation, and provides production support on product issues, calls on financial institutional clients to address their business and product needs. Works with Country and Relationship Managers to develop country specific product plans consisting of customer business activity and planning linked to payment strategies. Works under the direction of GTM Banks Regional Management Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, manage, and develop payment business activities in multiple and complex markets
- Partner with relationship managers to consult on complex specific payment solutions
- Coordinate Request for Proposal response and proposal generation
- Provide production support on product issues and call on financial institutional clients to address their business and product needs
- Review and analyze complex multi-faceted, large-scale, and long-term business, operational, or technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors
- Make decisions in complex and multi-faceted situations requiring a sound understanding of the function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements that influence and lead a broader work team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives within Global Payments Sales functional area
- Collaborate and consult with Global Payments Sales peers, colleagues, and more experienced level managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead Global Payments Sales projects and teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 5+ years of Global Payments Sales experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Demonstrate the understanding of local regulatory frameworks. This Tokyo based role will act as a foreign bank intermediary for and on behalf of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. The Tokyo Branch’s license allows the company to provide intermediary type of activities and do not allow agency type of activities.
- Client focused and service orientated with experience providing payment solutions to achieve the client’s business requirements
- Self-motivated with a strong goal orientation and can work well in a team orientated environment
- Good influencing skills and comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment
- Ability to work across all levels of a client’s organization as well as interfacing across functional areas (operations, network management, product management)
- Well-developed presentation & training skills
- Bilingual in English and Japanese
- Able to travel frequently as business requires
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.