About the Role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Finance Analyst to focus on balance sheet and net interest income forecasting, reporting, and analytics across baseline forecasts, stress tests, resolution and recovery planning, and other financial management processes for the Corporate and Investment Banking business. This role will report to the CIB Finance Markets FPA Manager based in India. The role itself will be in Hyderabad.
- Execute balance sheet and net interest income (inclusive of yields and cost of funds) forecasts, reporting, and analytics related to deposits, loans, or other products
- Contribute to wide reaching Stress Test and Resolution Planning process and related documentation including partnership with Business Finance, Corporate FP&A, Corporate Enterprise Risk Group, and Risk Modeling Group
- Support the development and implementation of trading related models to assess balance sheet valuation and revenue changes under baseline and stress testing conditions
- Build deep understanding of dynamics and assumptions related to model assumptions, including management judgement, and other drivers used to build balance sheet and net interest income projections
- Produce complex reporting and analytics to provide management with meaningful insight into underlying drivers impacts balances and income forecasts
- Ensure accurate recurring deliverables are completed timely, establish controlled processes, and support ongoing strategic initiatives such as forecast transformation efforts, process improvements, forecasting model built-out and enhancement, etc.
- Responsible for compliance with forecast governance and oversight requirements and ensuring that model KPIs are properly tracked, model risks are appropriately managed and mitigated
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve processes, enhance controls, and build advanced analytics
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to meet deadlines, resolve issues and achieve goals
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- CA / CMA / MBA Graduate with about 10-14 years of financial or banking sectors experience
- Progressive track record of management reporting experience with familiarity of running and or working in a geographically diverse team
- Strong Financial analysis and experience in providing timely and relevant recommendations to drive business decisions and outcomes
- Demonstrable change management skills, particularly those involving process re-engineering and systems change
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to give presentations and briefings to senior management
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business transactions and identify key Finance risks/mitigating controls,
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain high energy levels
- Must be able to work independently with positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Exposure to key accounting tools like Oracle Financials, Essbase etc.
- High integrity and do what is right, fair and respectful
- Innovative problem solver
- Relationship building skills
- Attention to detail – Recognizes the importance of detail to ensure data integrity
- Comfortable to work in Rotational shifts
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills and exposure to tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx would be an added advantage.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.