About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Business Execution Consultant...
In this role, you will:
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and Resiliency within the EMEA Regional COO Office, this candidate will be accountable for delivery of the Operational Resilience (OR) programme across all Wells Fargo EMEA legal entities and locations based on enterprise policy and standards.
Oversight of regional adherence to regulatory requirements / expectations and enterprise policy. Work with the enterprise level OR program(s) to assist in the development, implementation, and execution of the OR programme within EMEA. Front line governance: interface with regional governance bodies/routines, coordinate reporting/metrics, facilitate any supplemental regional needs which are not covered through the enterprise programme.
This first line of defence role will offer subject matter expertise to all Line of Business’ and Support Functions, guiding and influencing stakeholders, to ensure an appropriate and effective OR programme is in place. The role holder will work in close collaboration with the first line and second line of defence, who provide Enterprise OR policy guidance and expertise along with oversight and reporting.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Work with the enterprise level OR program(s) to further develop the OR programme within EMEA, ensuring compliance with OR regulatory requirements and expectations, policy guidelines and ensure relevant controls, procedures and documentation are in place for internal and external audits.
- Manage the governance model for identification and ongoing reassessment of Important Business Services (IBS). This includes evolving the assessment methodology by providing thought leadership on topics such as the stratification of services into sub-services, establishing appropriate thresholds for impact tolerances and materiality ratings, designing vulnerability assessments, conducting desktop and ‘live’ tests.
- Lead IBS assessment workshops and be responsible for writing the self-assessment report. Present output to business leaders for validation then executive committees and Legal Entity Boards for review and approval.
- Ongoing collaboration with stakeholders to update people, end-to-end processes, technology, facilities, data and information that support important business services.
- Ensure ongoing co-ordination and mapping between Important Business Services and other compliance obligations as well as their representation in service taxonomies, Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Recovery & Resolution Plans (RRP), Business Continuity Plans (BCPs) and liquidity scenarios (ICARA).
- Promote cross-regional engagement, representing the EMEA region at enterprise level to ensure that applicable regional regulations are met through the global programme, or identify where supplemental work efforts may need to be established.
- Drive compliance with forthcoming OR regulations by co-ordinating stakeholders, providing subject matter expertise and industry insights to shape regulatory interpretation and project delivery.
- Lead and develop the OR function in EMEA enabling the Accountable Executive for Operational Resilience (SMF24) to execute their prescribed responsibilities.
- Provide independent OR reporting, training, and a consolidated view to EMEA leadership via governance forums / committees and legal entity boards, alerting stakeholders on critical points for attention.
- Promote and drive awareness of OR across EMEA businesses and represent the Bank at industry working groups and seminars.
- Business resiliency and incident management are responsibilities within the same function. They are not core responsibilities for this role, but there is a requirement to be familiar with them both in order to support them, as required
Skills and requirements
- Experience executing an Operational Resilience Control Framework within financial services.
- Good understanding of banking and markets products, particularly from an operational risk perspective.
- Practical experience of compiling asset and resource maps for Important Business Services, identifying critical assets, concentration risks and performing vulnerability assessments.
- Insightful knowledge of how to assess Important Business Services for dual-regulated firms (FCA / PRA).
- Experience establishing impact tolerances – how these are defined, calibrated, monitored and tested.
- Track record of running scenario tests for Important Business Services including scenario design, methodology and a consequence model for failed tests. Experience of evolving the testing framework from desktop scenarios to ‘live’ testing.
- Understanding of the banking industry's regulatory requirements on Operational Resilience (e.g., BoE supervisory statement, European DORA, BCBS papers on resilience and risk).
- Good knowledge of Business Continuity, IT Continuity and Audit methodology and concepts.
- A track record of working across legal entities and countries to develop engagement models that support an effective approach to OR.
- Experienced at addressing a senior audience on complex topics combined with an ability to perform detailed data and trend analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal), with an ability to express views clearly & fluently, consider the audience, avoiding technical jargon where necessary & appropriate
- Ability to manage workload to meet realistic targets and priorities, demonstrating a high-level of commitment and self-motivation, combined with enthusiasm and a genuine interest in resilience.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.